1. BAP — Wednesday, April 15th (TAX DAY) at 6pm in AH 226 — AKT will be presenting an informative workshop on the non-technical aspects of accounting. Come and learn about important concepts such as mentoring, business development, practice management, and leadership
2. Please join Beta Alpha Psi and Alpha Kappa Psi by signing up soon to be on our team for Relay for Life! The sooner you can sign up, the less expensive it is!
The event is being held in the MU quad starting at 6:00 PM to Friday, May 15th until Saturday morning. Please join us for any part of the event or for the entire thing!
3. IMA is meeting tonight Monday night at 6 in Austin 222!
Meeting with Michael Green (Associate VP of Finance at OSU) – 4/27 from 6-7PM in Austin 222
Volunteer opportunity with Benton Habitat for Humanity 4/18 from 9-3 – Must RSVP to Grant by Tuesday (4/14) if interested.
1. Isler, Jones & Roth and Kernutt Stokes (Eugene, OR) is hosting an Career Day; Friday, April 24th 9-1pm (see attached flyer)
To secure your spot and get more details about the event, email your resume by April 17th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is limited.
2. KPMG professionals will be on campus on Wednesday, June 3rd from 9:30-11:30am. If you could pass the word on that if anyone wants to stop by there will be trailmix and popcorn bar hosted by us in Austin Hall Career Center Conference Room. This is the perfect opportunity for students to meet a few members of our audit, tax and advisory practices and ask any questions they might have about what it’s like to work at KPMG or about the recruiting process!
Chelsea Lambert | Intern | CAMPUS RECRUITING
KPMG LLP | 1300 SW 5th Ave, Suite 3800 | Portland, OR 97201
Full Time & Internship:
1. Moss Adams Eugene
Moss Adams has 24 offices in seven states, and our goal is to connect you with your preferred location. We currently have the following positions available:
Positions: Winter Intern…..Req. number 13079
Applications: Must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24
Submit application packets (including a résumé, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts) through your campus career center and www.mossadams.com/careers
2. Jones & Roth Spring for 2016 Winter Internships.
A couple items to note:
· We don’t require students to take the term off. We ask for a minimum of 24 hours and are happy to work around school schedules.
· We offer internships in a variety of areas, including tax, assurance, accounting & payroll and administration
All applicants need to complete the Jones & Roth application at www.jrcpa.com. In addition, students needs to complete the application at Beaver Careers to be considered for on campus interviews. Applications are due May 8th.
3. Acct/Mngt Position in D.C.
From an OSU alumni:
We have a Acct/management intern position posted at USPS HQ in DC: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?
4. Accounting Internship available in Portland this summer. Please apply for job #899872 online: http://www.cambiahealth.com/
Tax Accounting Internship, Portland, OR
This twelve-week internship is scheduled to start in May/June 2015
The Tax team at Cambia is dedicated to providing world class financial services through excellence in people, processes, and technology. Join this dynamic team as an intern over the Spring / Summer of 2015 and gain real-world tax experience.
Position qualifications include the following:
· Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Accounting, Finance, Tax or Business Administration with an expected graduation date on or before winter 2015. (Candidates who have obtained their degree within the last nine months are also encouraged to apply)
· Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
· Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.25
· Ability to think analytically and make sound judgments from analysis
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Passion for learning in the field of taxation
· Legally authorized to work in the United States
4. Below is an excellent opportunity for an Accounting Internship with an active OSU alumni and supporter of our program. It has been in our weekly email for a few weeks but just in case you missed it or are interested. You need to respond to the information below ASAP.
As Simple’s Accounting Intern, you will be assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Finance department. Your role will also help us provide timely and accurate financial information, while providing feedback as to how we can continually improve our policies and procedures. You will work closely with the Finance team, while frequently collaborating with other departments within Simple, as well as outside vendors and partners.
Why Simple’s a great place to work:
Based in Portland, Oregon — a beautiful place to live and work.
A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees’ quality of life–both inside and outside the office.
Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We’re passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we’re kind of that way about things outside of work, too.
5. Secretary of States Audit Division (see attached flyer — information session to be held date TBD)
Full Time Jobs
· We are planning to open the Performance Audit position for applications beginning the week of April 20th. It should be open for two weeks.
· We are looking to hire several new auditors.
· There’s a negotiated start date, so students can of course start after they graduate.
· We are seeking financial (accounting) interns to assist with our statewide audit this summer.
· The internship should open for applications the week of April 20th and be open for three weeks.
· The qualifications for the internship include the 300-level accounting series.
· The internship is paid and students can expect to work 32-40 hours per week in Salem.
· Interns are given training and coaching to perform the same work as would be given to an entry-level staff.
1. Oregon Ethics in Business Scholarships — $2,000 scholarship opportunity from Oregon Ethics in Business. Last year an OSU student won one of the scholarship.
he student must be attending an Oregon College or University and have their true home residence be in Oregon.
The Scholarships are apportioned and judged in groups according to the Oregon Congressional Districts in which the student has their home. One award per each Congressional District.
Below is a link to a coaching and mentoring program that the Oregon Soc. of CPAs established a few years ago. If the accounting students know about the program, they could apply to participate. https://www.orcpa.org/career_
The OSCPA is currently accepting student applications for the 2015 Coaching Program. We are asking for your help in notifying students of this mentoring opportunity available to OSCPA Student members.
What is it?
The Coaching Program is an opportunity for students to meet and talk with an active, experienced accounting professional who can help answer all their questions about accounting as a career. It runs May 1 – August 31, 2015 and is designed to help students learn more about the industry, the day-to-day job of a CPA, refine interview and resume skills, start building their network in the profession, and develop a mentor for future support.
Who qualifies to participate?
OSCPA Student members can participate in the Coaching Program if he/she is an active college junior, senior, post baccalaureate or masters accounting student taking at least 6 credits and signs up by April 17, 2015.
· Coaching Program Registration Form (Open now through April 17) — https://app.smarterselect.com/
· OSCPA Student Membership (only $25 and valid through September 30, 2015) — https://www.orcpa.org/join/
If you or your students have any questions, please contact me at 503-597-5477 / 1-800-255-1470 ext. 15, or email@example.com.
COB Get Going – study abroad/exchange information sessions is greatly appreciated. Our next event is Wednesday, March 4th at 4pm
The instructions on how to become a FREE student member of the AICPA are below.
Choose “Student Affiliate” tab…