BAP Meeting, April 16th, 6-7pm, Bexell 328 (week 2 & 3 flyer attached).
KPMG “Ethical decision making skills”
Please see attached picture of the BAP Leaders at the Regional Meeting in Portland this past weekend.
Recruiting Event: DEADLINE April 16th
Eugene Career Day (see attached flyers)
Jones & Roth, Moss Adams, Kernutt Stokes and Isler are hosting their annual Career Day on Friday April 25th. This is a great opportunity for students to see 4 firms and learn about public accounting. This year we’re offering four panels and office visits.
· Panel 1 – Partners from each firm will share their unique career path and discuss the future of public accounting.
· Panel 2 – Staff Accountants from each firm will share their experiences and answer questions about the transition from student to staff, internships, CPA exam
· Panel 3 – Recruiters from each firm will talk about the fall recruiting season in a fun format over lunch
· Panel 4 – CPAs from each firm will talk about the role of Practice Development in a CPA career
Registration is open to students who will be CPA eligible between December 2015 and August 2016.
Eugene Open Houses
The four firms are having Spring Open Houses on Friday May 30th. These open houses are open to any accounting student interested in learning about the firms. See the attached flyer
Seattle opportunity from a recent alumni:
Since graduating — I have moved on to an accounting position at Trupanion, a start-up in Seattle. I wanted to pass along a summer accounting internship opportunity. We also have other internships in our legal, marketing, and actuarial departments if other students are interested. Below is the link to our website with list of open positions. Trupanion is a fast growing start up and I would like to add a fellow beav to our accounting team!
The Zonta Club of Corvallis is offering one $2,700 Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship to a woman undergraduate or master’s student studying business at Oregon State University. The Corvallis winner is automatically eligible for a $1,000 District scholarship and District winner is eligible for a $7,000 International scholarship. Applications are due by May 5, 2014.
Questions may be directed to Friah Rogers at email@example.com
SENIORS — (2 items)
1. Please RSVP to Matt Little if you are attending the ACTG Banquet on May 14th firstname.lastname@example.org
2. PLEASE schedule your composite picture at Ball Studio IT IS FREE — this way you can be on the walls of the Moss Adams Classroom.
The Ball Studio, Corvallis
Please make sure to call and make an appointment to have your Senior Composite picture taken! The Ball Studio has offered to take pictures for FREE of Accounting Graduates! Having a ‘Class of 2014’ Composite hanging in the new business building will really mean a lot to the Accounting Professors. It’s the least we can do in return for all of the hours they’ve spent teaching us the difference between a debit and a credit. The deadline for pictures is May 15th, 2014 so please make your appointment early! www.theballstudio.com email@example.com (541) 753-5721
Pictures from Annual Northwest Regional Meeting: