MARK your calendars now. The accounting awards banquet is Wednesday, May 27th at CH2M Hill Alumni Center. All scholarship award winners, Graduating Senior Accounting Students and BAP officers should attend. We want to celebrate the years accomplishments, awards, and graduating seniors and A-MBA graduates. For questions please contact Rachael Burger email@example.com
1. BAP — (See attached flyer) — Joint Meeting at the University of Oregon, Thursday, May 14th
The meeting is a joint meeting with UofO. If you are interested in going (and/or need a ride) you need to contact Erin Evers by Tuesday, May 12th firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please join Beta Alpha Psi and Alpha Kappa Psi by signing up soon to be on our team for Relay for Life! The sooner you can sign up, the less expensive it is!
The event is being held in the MU quad starting at 6:00 PM to Friday, May 15th until Saturday morning. Please join us for any part of the event or for the entire thing!
Meeting with Dean Kleinsorge -Thursday 5/28 from 6-7pm in Austin 222
Volunteering opportunity with Habitat for Humanity Saturday May 23rd!
4. Becker CPA Review is offering a discount to OSU students —
see attached flyer
***One Day Only***
50% Off Group Discount
From $3,393 down to just $1,697
Date: Tuesday May 19th 2015
SEE FLYER FOR DETAILS
5. (see attached flyer) COB Get Going – Study abroad/Exchange Information Sessions is greatly appreciated. Our next event is Thursday, May 7th at 4pm
6. Volunteer Opportunity on campus
My name is Risha Prasad, and I am the director of a recently founded non-profit organization, Rosie, that provides free feminine hygeiene supplies to those in need. Because this organization is just starting, we are in desperate need of some help managing our funds, both incoming and outgoing. None of our team members are experienced in this field and are looking for a sophomore or junior who is looking for an opportunity to gain valuable, real-world experience while assisting Rosie in reaching its full potential.
On campus JOB opportunities:
1. PERMANENT Part-Time Bookkeeper/Public Accountant
Hours: 10 to 15 hours/week. Typically working morning hours 9am-12 noon
POSITION: Part-time bookkeeper or public accountant for Home Owner’s Association
– Solid understanding of advanced accounting processes
– Must have working knowledge of QuickBooks
– Strong interpersonal communication skills
– Independent person but able to work as a team member
Work in conjunction with current Manager & Board of Homeowner’s Association:
~ Reviewing 450 homeowner assessments/balances
~ Assist in the preparation of homeowner quarterly statements
~ Review of checks, deposits
~ Excel spreadsheets or other documentation of accounting of homeowners association fund and reserve accounts
May have the option to work from home occasionally.
Please apply by sending your résumé to email@example.com
All candidates will be required to pass a background check and drug test.
Linda A. Johnson
Assistant Athletic Director | Director – Student Athlete Development Programs
209D Gill Coliseum | Oregon State University | Corvallis, OR 97331
Office – 541-737-6804 | Cell – 541-230-0617
1. KPMG professionals will be on campus on Wednesday, June 3rd from 9:30-11:30am. If you could pass the word on that if anyone wants to stop by there will be trailmix and popcorn bar hosted by us in Austin Hall Career Center Conference Room. This is the perfect opportunity for students to meet a few members of our audit, tax and advisory practices and ask any questions they might have about what it’s like to work at KPMG or about the recruiting process!
Chelsea Lambert | Intern | CAMPUS RECRUITING
KPMG LLP | 1300 SW 5th Ave, Suite 3800 | Portland, OR 97201
Full Time & Internship:
1. Kernutt Stokes — Eugene, Oregon has two opportunities (see attached flyer). Deadline May 12th.
2. Tektronix has an Accounting Internship (Summer) job opening
Here is the job link:
Note: Students must have, or are currently in the process of completing, the first three years of coursework towards a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Jennifer Askew | Technical Recruiter | Phone: 503-627-3320 |
3. The City of Madras, Oregon is recruiting for two accounting positions. Applications are available via the City of Madras website at: http://ci.madras.or.us/
Brandie, Finance Director, City of Madras
firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-325-0307
4. Accounting Internship available in Portland this summer. Please apply for job #899872 online: http://www.cambiahealth.com/
Tax Accounting Internship, Portland, OR
This twelve-week internship is scheduled to start in May/June 2015
The Tax team at Cambia is dedicated to providing world class financial services through excellence in people, processes, and technology. Join this dynamic team as an intern over the Spring / Summer of 2015 and gain real-world tax experience.
5. Secretary of States Audit Division
Full Time Jobs
· We are planning to open the Performance Audit position for applications beginning the week of April 20th. It should be open for two weeks.
· We are looking to hire several new auditors.
· There’s a negotiated start date, so students can of course start after they graduate.
· We are seeking financial (accounting) interns to assist with our statewide audit this summer.
· The internship should open for applications the week of April 20th and be open for three weeks.
· The qualifications for the internship include the 300-level accounting series.
· The internship is paid and students can expect to work 32-40 hours per week in Salem.
· Interns are given training and coaching to perform the same work as would be given to an entry-level staff.
1. CPA Review Scholarships for YOUR Students
At Roger CPA Review, we believe in recognizing a unique type of academic and professional excellence – one defined by an enthusiastic spirit and relentless commitment to professional and personal growth.
We are excited to announce the return of our annual Scholarship Program that rewardsyour students that embody this passion and we are thrilled to help them reach their goal of becoming a CPA. Have a student in mind that is relentless in their studies, goes above and beyond, or attends office hours for extra help? This is the scholarship for them!
We are seeking applicants based on involvement, need, situation, and academic merit. Multiple scholarships of varying value will be awarded, so please encourage all of your students to apply! Scholarship values include Full CPA Review courses, 50% off CPA Review, and $250 towards CPA Review.
Forward this email and encourage your students to apply!
Apply for Scholarship — Application Deadline: June 1st, 2015
I am a 3rd year accounting and marketing student and am also a student worker at Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). I serve on the CAPS student advisory board as well, and have found it to be extremely beneficial as an accounting student because we oversee the CAPS budget as well as get opportunities to present the budget to the Student Incidental Fee Committee. If possible, it would be great if you could help to promote our upcoming recruitment informational sessions this month, as we are looking to get more members for the next year. Here is the blurb if you are interested: CAPS Student Advisory Board
The CAPS Student Advisory Board is gearing up for recruitment. If you would like some real life experience with preparing a budget, prioritizing services, and making mental health more accessible to your fellow students, then come join us for an informational session. Below are the informational sessions, which will include pizza:
· Thursday, May 7th 4-5p in MU 212
· Wednesday, May 13th 3-4p in MU 110
· Wednesday, May 20th 11-12p in Snell 301
· Friday, May 22nd 12-1p in MU 212
Any questions can be directed to Virginia Tat at email@example.com