1. BAP — Wednesday, April 1st at 6pm in AH 226 — Deloitte will be sharing about “Communication within the workplace. Learn about different styles of communication.”
2. Deloitte is hosting an open house …. Deloitte Spring Social @ OSU
What: Please join us for a networking social! Accounting majors or students planning to pursue accounting are welcome.
When: Wednesday, April 1st —– Drop in between 7:30 – 9 PM
Where: McMenamins on Monroe (2nd Floor) 2001 NW Monroe Ave.
Please RSVP here by Tuesday, March. 31st (if possible)
Megan Gustafson email@example.com | www.deloitte.com
3. Please join Beta Alpha Psi and Alpha Kappa Psi by signing up soon to be on our team for Relay for Life! The sooner you can sign up, the less expensive it is!
The event is being held in the MU quad starting at 6:00 PM to Friday, May 15th until Saturday morning. Please join us for any part of the event or for the entire thing!
1. Isler, Jones & Roth and Kernutt Stokes (Eugene, OR) is hosting an Career Day; Friday, April 24th 9-1pm (see attached flyer)
To secure your spot and get more details about the event, email your resume by April 17th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is limited.
1. Jones & Roth Spring for 2016 Winter Internships.
A couple items to note:
· We don’t require students to take the term off. We ask for a minimum of 24 hours and are happy to work around school schedules.
· We offer internships in a variety of areas, including tax, assurance, accounting & payroll and administration
All applicants need to complete the Jones & Roth application at www.jrcpa.com. In addition, students needs to complete the application at Beaver Careers to be considered for on campus interviews. Applications are due May 8th.
2. Acct/Mngt Position in D.C.
From an OSU alumni:
We have a Acct/management intern position posted at USPS HQ in DC: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?
1. Oregon Ethics in Business Scholarships — $2,000 scholarship opportunity from Oregon Ethics in Business. Last year an OSU student won one of the scholarship.
he student must be attending an Oregon College or University and have their true home residence be in Oregon.
The Scholarships are apportioned and judged in groups according to the Oregon Congressional Districts in which the student has their home. One award per each Congressional District.
Below is a link to a coaching and mentoring program that the Oregon Soc. of CPAs established a few years ago. If the accounting students know about the program, they could apply to participate. https://www.orcpa.org/career_
The OSCPA is currently accepting student applications for the 2015 Coaching Program. We are asking for your help in notifying students of this mentoring opportunity available to OSCPA Student members.
What is it?
The Coaching Program is an opportunity for students to meet and talk with an active, experienced accounting professional who can help answer all their questions about accounting as a career. It runs May 1 – August 31, 2015 and is designed to help students learn more about the industry, the day-to-day job of a CPA, refine interview and resume skills, start building their network in the profession, and develop a mentor for future support.
Who qualifies to participate?
OSCPA Student members can participate in the Coaching Program if he/she is an active college junior, senior, post baccalaureate or masters accounting student taking at least 6 credits and signs up by April 17, 2015.
· Coaching Program Registration Form (Open now through April 17) — https://app.smarterselect.com/
· OSCPA Student Membership (only $25 and valid through September 30, 2015) — https://www.orcpa.org/join/
If you or your students have any questions, please contact me at 503-597-5477 / 1-800-255-1470 ext. 15, or email@example.com.
FULL TIME & INTERNSHIP JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
1. Cambia is looking to fill many accounting positions at all levels. Please see osubap.com for more details and/or facebook.com/OSUBAP
Interested cadidates should search and apply for job #892297 online: http://www.cambiahealth.com/
Michelle Schwartz, MPA
Manager, Diversity and University Programs
Cambia Military Community Resource Group Member
2. Junior Financial Analyst position at Simple. See job posting below. We will also post an internship for an accounting and finance intern.
3. Secretary of States Audit Division (see attached flyer — information session to be held date TBD)
Full Time Jobs
· We are planning to open the Performance Audit position for applications beginning the week of April 20th. It should be open for two weeks.
· We are looking to hire several new auditors.
· There’s a negotiated start date, so students can of course start after they graduate.
· We are seeking financial (accounting) interns to assist with our statewide audit this summer.
· The internship should open for applications the week of April 20th and be open for three weeks.
· The qualifications for the internship include the 300-level accounting series.
· The internship is paid and students can expect to work 32-40 hours per week in Salem.
· Interns are given training and coaching to perform the same work as would be given to an entry-level staff.
COB Get Going – study abroad/exchange information sessions is greatly appreciated. Our next event is Wednesday, March 4th at 4pm
The instructions on how to become a FREE student member of the AICPA are below.
Choose “Student Affiliate” tab…