BAP: Forensic Accounting; March 4th from 6-7pm in Austin Hall 226 (see attached flyer)
Join us for our last meeting of the term! The Cogence Group will be presenting an exciting and informative workshop on the legal perspective of forensic accounting.
IMA Student Group:
1. TUESDAY, March 3rd — Ryan Smith, Senior Director of Investor Relations at Nike and former CFO of Nike Golf. He will be meeting with our club from 7-8PM in Austin 222; Business Casual Dress; Pizza will be provided!
2. Bowling: Monday, March 9th – Dead Week Bowling Study Break (unofficial date – still haven’t reserved the MU)
1. AICPA and Accounttemps scholarship Opportunity
2. The Moss Adams Foundation is awarding Diversity Scholarships to candidates that meet the eligibility requirements. This scholarship targets sophomores/juniors or those that will be going through Fall 2015-2016 recruiting to secure a summer internship (graduation date Spring 2017 & 2018). We are not posting directly on campus for this but students can find the application on our Careers website under Student Events.
Below is a link to a coaching and mentoring program that the Oregon Soc. of CPAs established a few years ago. If the accounting students know about the program, they could apply to participate. https://www.orcpa.org/career_
The OSCPA is currently accepting student applications for the 2015 Coaching Program. We are asking for your help in notifying students of this mentoring opportunity available to OSCPA Student members.
What is it?
The Coaching Program is an opportunity for students to meet and talk with an active, experienced accounting professional who can help answer all their questions about accounting as a career. It runs May 1 – August 31, 2015 and is designed to help students learn more about the industry, the day-to-day job of a CPA, refine interview and resume skills, start building their network in the profession, and develop a mentor for future support.
Who qualifies to participate?
OSCPA Student members can participate in the Coaching Program if he/she is an active college junior, senior, post baccalaureate or masters accounting student taking at least 6 credits and signs up by April 17, 2015.
· Coaching Program Registration Form (Open now through April 17) — https://app.smarterselect.com/
· OSCPA Student Membership (only $25 and valid through September 30, 2015) — https://www.orcpa.org/join/
If you or your students have any questions, please contact me at 503-597-5477 / 1-800-255-1470 ext. 15, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FULL TIME & INTERNSHIP JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
1. Junior Financial Analyst position at Simple. See job posting below. We will also post an internship for an accounting and finance intern.
2. Two Management Analyst positions within Business Affairs. One is in the ID Center and the other is in the Process Improvement Team in Student Finance. Please see the announcements below.
ID Center-The Management Analyst will support the ID Center through identification and implementation of operational system and process improvements. This position will conduct studies in operational systems and procedure work simplification; records management and control; and organizational design; and is responsible for providing: analysis to the ID Center manager for organizational or procedural improvements; technical assistance and guidance to operational staff during implementation; and representing the ID Center on special projects or workgroups. For a complete description and to apply, please go to: http://oregonstate.edu/jobs Posting #:0013871 Closing Date: 02/23/15 at 5 p.m. OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled.
Process Improvement Team in Student Finance-The Management Analyst will support the Business Affairs management staff through identification and implementation of operational system and process improvements. There is a concentration on process documentation and e-commerce support. This position will conduct studies in operational systems and procedure work simplification; records management and control; and organizational design; and is responsible for providing: analysis to Business Affairs for organizational or procedural improvements; technical assistance and guidance to operational staff during implementation; and representing Business Affairs on special projects or workgroups. For a complete description and to apply, please go to: http://oregonstate.edu/jobs Posting #:0013872 Closing Date: 02/23/15 at 5 p.m. OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled.
COB Get Going – study abroad/exchange information sessions is greatly appreciated. Our next event is Wednesday, March 4th at 4pm
The instructions on how to become a FREE student member of the AICPA are below.
Choose “Student Affiliate” tab…
Hope this email finds you well. 4H Outreach at OSU is inviting you to help us as a volunteer during our Oregon Leadership Institute Part II taking place on March 6th through March 8th 2015. This is a great opportunity to come inspire and motivate students to pursue a higher education and learn leadership skills that will help you in your professional careers. The institute will be held in Corvallis at OSU, and it starts on Friday (March 6th) at 5:30pm and ends on Sunday (March 8th) at 11am. However you don’t need to volunteer the entire three days, we would really appreciate it if you dedicate the time that your schedule allows you.
There are different tasks in which you can help us throughout the Institute such as mentor, student registration, campus tours, student panel, tabling, group leader, overnight dorm supervisor, workshops and have fun with amazing students. Also, if you know of anyone that might be interested in volunteering for this event or being part of the student panel and share a glance of your major on Saturday from 8-9pm, let me know. We are in need of volunteers, and we would greatly appreciate the help!