1. BAP: ELECTIONS & Networking Workshop; Wed. Feb. 25th from 6-7pm in Austin Hall 226 (see attached flyer)
The Career Success Center will be presenting an interactive workshop on great techniques for networking and interviewing.
IMA Student Group:
1. Ryan Smith, Senior Director of Investor Relations at Nike and former CFO of Nike Golf, will be visiting campus March 3rd. He will be meeting with our club from 7-8PM to discuss career path and advice and any other potential topics! See attached flyer
2. Bowling: Monday, March 9th – Dead Week Bowling Study Break (unofficial date – still haven’t reserved the MU)
Summer Leadership/Elevation Conference
1. Kernutt Stokes Summer Leadership Conference — opportunity this summer. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Feb. 25th. Please see attached flyer for more details.
Internship Opportunity in California.
Mercury Insurance is hiring for a paid summer internship position in the Company’s Finance Department located at 4484 Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles, CA. Qualified candidates will be completing their junior year course work by summer 2015 with a concentration in Accounting or Finance and an expected graduation date on or before June 2016. This position will assist with Finance Department projects which may include Economic Capital Modeling, Financial Planning and Analysis, Cost Benefit Studies and Cost Accounting Projects. Please read the attached job description for more details.
The Company will have a representative on-site at OSU on March 2 to conduct interviews. To be considered for an interview, please send your resume and class record, including list of courses taken and grade history directly to Renee Balais at email@example.com . In the subject line of the e-mail write, “Finance Internship Position – OSU”. Should you be selected for an interview, a representative will contact you for interview scheduling.
Mercury Insurance is a multiple-line insurance company offering predominantly automobile, homeowners and business insurance in California, Florida, New Jersey, Texas, Arizona, New York, Georgia, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at an affordable price. Mercury Insurance Group, (NYSE ticker “MCY) is one of “America’s 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” as ranked by Forbes magazine. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Mercury primarily provides auto, homeowners and business insurance through a network of more than 7,500 independent agents in 13 states. www.mercuryinsurance.com
1. Moss Adams — Eugene and Medford offices are still looking to fill some full-time positions. We have a posting on the Moss Adams Careers website, (Requisition #12859) but students can also find it posted on Beaver Careers. We will not be conducting on-campus interviews, but rather want students to apply directly to our website and we will work through the process from there.
3. Kernutt Stokes — Eugene
4 full time hires
Application Deadlines April 2015
Start Date July 2015
Please apply via Beaver Careers and then send resume, transcript, and cover letter to Msavage@kernuttstokes.com
1. The CFMA Portland Chapter is offering scholarships to students with accounting, finance, or construction management majors. Scholarships range from $1,000 to $3,000, and the application deadline is February 28, 2015. See attached flyer, instructions and application form. http://cafe.cfma.org/
2. The Moss Adams Foundation is awarding Diversity Scholarships to candidates that meet the eligibility requirements. This scholarship targets sophomores/juniors or those that will be going through Fall 2015-2016 recruiting to secure a summer internship (graduation date Spring 2017 & 2018). We are not posting directly on campus for this but students can find the application on our Careers website under Student Events.
Below is a link to a coaching and mentoring program that the Oregon Soc. of CPAs established a few years ago. If the accounting students know about the program, they could apply to participate. https://www.orcpa.org/career_
FULL TIME JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
I wanted to make sure you were aware that we are recruiting for two Management Analyst positions within Business Affairs. One is in the ID Center and the other is in the Process Improvement Team in Student Finance. Please see the announcements below.
ID Center-The Management Analyst will support the ID Center through identification and implementation of operational system and process improvements. This position will conduct studies in operational systems and procedure work simplification; records management and control; and organizational design; and is responsible for providing: analysis to the ID Center manager for organizational or procedural improvements; technical assistance and guidance to operational staff during implementation; and representing the ID Center on special projects or workgroups. For a complete description and to apply, please go to: http://oregonstate.edu/jobs Posting #:0013871 Closing Date: 02/23/15 at 5 p.m. OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled.
Process Improvement Team in Student Finance-The Management Analyst will support the Business Affairs management staff through identification and implementation of operational system and process improvements. There is a concentration on process documentation and e-commerce support. This position will conduct studies in operational systems and procedure work simplification; records management and control; and organizational design; and is responsible for providing: analysis to Business Affairs for organizational or procedural improvements; technical assistance and guidance to operational staff during implementation; and representing Business Affairs on special projects or workgroups. For a complete description and to apply, please go to: http://oregonstate.edu/jobs Posting #:0013872 Closing Date: 02/23/15 at 5 p.m. OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled.
Hope this email finds you well. 4H Outreach at OSU is inviting you to help us as a volunteer during our Oregon Leadership Institute Part II taking place on March 6th through March 8th 2015. This is a great opportunity to come inspire and motivate students to pursue a higher education and learn leadership skills that will help you in your professional careers.
The institute will be held in Corvallis at OSU, and it starts on Friday (March 6th) at 5:30pm and ends on Sunday (March 8th) at 11am. However you don’t need to volunteer the entire three days, we would really appreciate it if you dedicate the time that your schedule allows you.
There are different tasks in which you can help us throughout the Institute such as mentor, student registration, campus tours, student panel, tabling, group leader, overnight dorm supervisor, workshops and have fun with amazing students.
Also, if you know of anyone that might be interested in volunteering for this event or being part of the student panel and share a glance of your major on Saturday from 8-9pm, let me know. We are in need of volunteers, and we would greatly appreciate the help!
Just in case you might not be familiar with the institute, below is information that might be helpful.
The Oregon 4-H Outreach Leadership Institute (OLI) is a series of events where high school students from all over Oregon gather together. The Leadership Institute strives to prepare high school students for college and/or reach their educational goals, and aspirations. Also, the Institute gives students the opportunity so that they might be able to be camp counselor for the summer. In the link below is a you tube video that shows what the 4-H Summer Camps are about.http://www.youtube.com/
We need your help! If you are interested and would like be part of OLI part II please send me a note so that I can email or mail the “Volunteer Forms” to you. Also If you need more information or have any questions feel free to contact me. Hope to hear from you soon!