Tuesday, Feb. 17th
Moss Adams will be on campus conducting office hours TOMORROW, February 17th from 10:00am – 2:00pm in Austin Hall (near the Career Success Center).
Wednesday, Feb. 18th — Deloitte Office Hours
Deloitte will be on campus Wednesday, February 18th from 10 AM – 2 PM to talk with students about the Envision Leadership Conference and the Deloitte National Leadership Conference. Please email Megan Gustafson (email@example.com) to sign up for a 15 minute appointment. All appointments will be in the Career Success Center in Austin Hall. We look forward to meeting you!
IMA Student Group:
1. Ryan Smith, Senior Director of Investor Relations at Nike and former CFO of Nike Golf, will be visiting campus March 3rd. He will be meeting with our club from 7-8PM to discuss career path and advice and any other potential topics!
2. Bowling: Monday, March 9th – Dead Week Bowling Study Break (unofficial date – still haven’t reserved the MU)
Summer Leadership/Elevation Conference
1. For students graduating between Dec 2016 and August 2017 — Moss Adams, PwC, KPMG, Deloitte, Jones & Roth & KS are hosting leadership conferences this summer. Deadlines to apply is Feb. 20th via Beaver Careers and the firm web-site.
Internship Opportunity in California.
Mercury Insurance is hiring for a paid summer internship position in the Company’s Finance Department located at 4484 Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles, CA. Qualified candidates will be completing their junior year course work by summer 2015 with a concentration in Accounting or Finance and an expected graduation date on or before June 2016. This position will assist with Finance Department projects which may include Economic Capital Modeling, Financial Planning and Analysis, Cost Benefit Studies and Cost Accounting Projects. Please read the attached job description for more details.
The Company will have a representative on-site at OSU on March 2 to conduct interviews. To be considered for an interview, please send your resume and class record, including list of courses taken and grade history directly to Renee Balais at firstname.lastname@example.org . In the subject line of the e-mail write, “Finance Internship Position – OSU”. Should you be selected for an interview, a representative will contact you for interview scheduling.
Mercury Insurance is a multiple-line insurance company offering predominantly automobile, homeowners and business insurance in California, Florida, New Jersey, Texas, Arizona, New York, Georgia, Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, Virginia and Pennsylvania. Since 1962, Mercury has specialized in offering quality insurance at an affordable price. Mercury Insurance Group, (NYSE ticker “MCY) is one of “America’s 50 Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” as ranked by Forbes magazine. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Mercury primarily provides auto, homeowners and business insurance through a network of more than 7,500 independent agents in 13 states. www.mercuryinsurance.com
1. Moss Adams — Eugene and Medford offices are still looking to fill some full-time positions. We have a posting on the Moss Adams Careers website, (Requisition #12859) but students can also find it posted on Beaver Careers. We will not be conducting on-campus interviews, but rather want students to apply directly to our website and we will work through the process from there.
3. Kernutt Stokes — Eugene
4 full time hires
Application Deadlines April 2015
Start Date July 2015
Please apply via Beaver Careers and then send resume, transcript, and cover letter to Msavage@kernuttstokes.com
1. The CFMA Portland Chapter is offering scholarships to students with accounting, finance, or construction management majors. Scholarships range from $1,000 to $3,000, and the application deadline is February 28, 2015. See attached flyer, instructions and application form. http://cafe.cfma.org/
2. The Moss Adams Foundation is awarding Diversity Scholarships to candidates that meet the eligibility requirements. This scholarship targets sophomores/juniors or those that will be going through Fall 2015-2016 recruiting to secure a summer internship (graduation date Spring 2017 & 2018). We are not posting directly on campus for this but students can find the application on our Careers website under Student Events.
Below is a link to a coaching and mentoring program that the Oregon Soc. of CPAs established a few years ago. If the accounting students know about the program, they could apply to participate. https://www.orcpa.org/career_