1. BAP is hosting the Summer Leadership information panel; Wednesday, Jan. 21st from 6-7pm in Austin Hall 226
PwC. KPMG, Deloitte, and Moss Adams will be presenting valuable information about summer leadership programs. They are a great opportunity to network and gain valuable skills that will serve you in your career within the accounting field. KS and Jones and Roth are also offering summer leadership programs (see below).
2. IMA Meeting Monday evening from 6-7PM in Austin 222. It is a quick 15 minute meeting and then pizza for anybody that wants it! Specifically, we will be going over Winter Term events and finalizing specific dates for each event.
1. Moss Adams — Eugene and Medford offices are still looking to fill some full-time positions. We have a posting on the Moss Adams Careers website, (Requisition #12859) but students can also find it posted on Beaver Careers. We will not be conducting on-campus interviews, but rather want students to apply directly to our website and we will work through the process from there.
2. Summer Leadership Programs — please apply via Beaver Careers and the Acct Firms site. In addition the the Big Four — there are regional firms that participate such as KS and Jones & Roth
3. Kernutt Stokes — Eugene
4 full time hires
Application Deadlines April 2015
Start Date July 2015
Please apply via Beaver Careers and then send resume, transcript, and cover letter to Msavage@kernuttstokes.com
4. Campus Job Opportunity
“The Arts & Sciences Business Center has an opening and is looking for a student to work approximately 8-16 hours/week starting in February. Those interested should e-mail their resume and Winter term schedule firstname.lastname@example.org .”
Andy Kuback | Accountant 2Arts & Sciences Business Center | Oregon State University2042 Cordley Hall
5. Fulcum Signature Logo
Growing precision machine shop in Corvallis located near OSU campus seeks part time bookkeeper to support the team. Company provides services to high tech firms and researchers developing new products and production and test tools. QuickBooks experience with job-costing preferred. Accounting fundamentals knowledge a must. Casual environment. Competitive pay and training available. Interested? Please call 541.990.6292 and speak to Gloria to learn more. Or submit an inquiry at http://www.fulcrumdrive.com/
6. Opportunity for an office manager with Hoffman Construction as they remodel OSU Johnson Hall.
1. The Moss Adams Foundation will again be awarding Diversity Scholarships to candidates that meet the eligibility requirements. This scholarship targets sophomores/juniors or those that will be going through Fall 2016 recruiting to secure a summer internship. I will make mention of this to Jamie so it filters through BAP as well, but not sure that is the right venue for this level of student. We are not posting directly on campus for this but students can find the application on our Careers website under Student Events. I have been trying to connect with Brooks Peacock about getting time in his 200-level classes. See attached flyer for more details. Our Oregon region has 2 $2,500 scholarships to award.
Below is a link to a coaching and mentoring program that the Oregon Soc. of CPAs established a few years ago. If the accounting students know about the program, they could apply to participate. https://www.orcpa.org/career_