Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) this week — Wed, Oct. 23rd, Bexell 328 (Moss Adams Classroom) 6-7pm
Novogradac- “Historic Tax Credits”
Come learn about historic tax credits from Novogradac professionals who are experts in this field. This is a great meeting to attend if you plan on going into public accounting! Historic tax credits are really important for accountants to understand, especially in the real estate and leasing industries.
EUGENE FIRMS RECRUTING ITEMS:
October 22nd – Jones & Roth campus interviews – UO October 22nd – Moss Adams campus interviews – OSU October 24th and 25th – Jones & Roth office interviews October 28 – 29th – Moss Adams office interviews Oct 28th to Nov 1st – Kernutt Stokes office interviews November 15th – Offers expire
1. The OSU Foundation currently have three OSU students (all accounting students) working part time for us, but are in need of one more. We are looking for a student that is an incoming freshman or entering their sophomore year this year, if possible. Can you make the position description attached available to accounting students?
We anticipate needing to hire at least two more students right after Spring break as two of our current students will be graduating in June 2014. Just so you are aware, we usually employ two of the students full-time over the summer. I will contact you again then to let you know when we are ready to proceed again.
PATTI NOWAK, CPA
Assistant Controller – OSU Foundation
541-737-4922 | FAX 541-737-2550
2. Secretary of State Audits Division
We will be attending the Fall Career Fair on behalf of the Oregon Secretary of State Audits Division. While encouraging OSU students to consider a career in government auditing, we will also be distributing flyers promoting our “Meet the Agency” event being held Friday, October 25th. We attached the flyer to this email in the hope you also communicate the event to your students. It is an excellent opportunity for students to get a better understanding of the work we perform and pose career questions to staff from all levels of the audits division.
If you have any questions please let me know. We are looking forward to the Career Fair on Wednesday.
Kari E. Mott, MBA
Secretary of State Audits Division
3. Berntson Porter, Seattle has open positions. Please read details in the attached flyer.
4. Maginnis & Carey LLP; 220 NW 2nd Avenue; Portland, OR Looking to hire:
2-3 staff accountants Fall 2014
1 Winter Intern
1 Summer Intern
5.Part-time Intern. A local CPA firm has five immediate openings for accounting interns during Fall & Winter Terms. Work primarily involves administrative support including copying and tax return assembly. Sophomore & Junior accounting students preferred, but all with accounting/tax interest or experience encouraged to apply. Must be detail-oriented, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Hours worked by employee are somewhat flexible; intern must work at least 12 hours per work week. Winter break availability is preferred but not required. Additional hours required during weeks and/or weekends prior to March 15th and April 15th deadlines and spring break. Pay rate is at minimum wage.
Drop off resume, cover letter and copy of Fall Term schedule at: Tax & Wealth Management, LLP 2334 NW Professional Drive, Corvallis or email documents to: Lauren@taxandwealthmanagement.com Contact person: Lauren Loeffler. Deadline for application: 5:00pm Friday October 18th
6. KS, Eugene has an summer internship (2014). See attached flyer and Beaver JobNet.
7. Delap — STAFF ACCOUNTANT, application due in mid-October.
We are currently recruiting for entry-level Staff Accountants to join our growing team with a target start date of fall 2014. This individual will be responsible for the quality delivery of services that exceed the expectations of our clients.
*Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field *Minimum 3.3 GPA *Please include a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript *Eligibility to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation highly preferred
8. Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon POSTED IN BEAVER JOB NET SO PLEASE CHECK FOR MORE DETAILS Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE:
2014 Staff Accountant Internship (24228) Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE: Internship – Paid
9. Jones & Roth — Eugene
We are currently hiring for:
· 2014 Winter internships – we have between 4-6 open positions in the Eugene office. We ask for 20+ hours a week and are flexible around the students schedule. We have had OSU students participate in this internship the last several years and it’s worked out great. We’ve hired them all!
· 2014 Summer internships – we will have 2-4 summer internships. Most in Eugene but 1 in Hillsboro and possibly 1 in Bend
· 2014 Staff Accountants – we are looking to hire 1-2 staff before busy season and another 2-4 to start in summer.
Application deadline is October 11.
We have an Open House on Tuesday October 15th. Students will have an opportunity to tour our office and talk to a variety of our team members.
1. I am a CPA in Portland (and an OSU alumni) and my business partner and I spoke to your Beta Alpha Psi group a couple years ago, a couple years in a row. Currently, I am on a committee for the AICPA for CPA/ financial planners. I would like to let you know about a contest sponsored by the AICPA where a team of college accounting students can compete in order to win a $10,000 prize. Unfortunately, the due date for the first round of the competition is September 25th – so I believe that is before school starts. It would be wonderful if a group of innovative accounting students could get together prior to that date and submit an entry from Oregon State!
Please see the link below (it is a great opportunity!):