JANUARY 28, WEEK 4— IRS Special Agent
*BAP officer elections, March 5th, 2014. Please see attached document for officer position descriptions.
IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY — Campus Event:
BAP and the newly created IMA Group are participating in the Dean’s Honored Alumni visit Mr. Dennis Powell is the retired executive vice president and CFO of Cisco Systems. Cisco Systems is the leading supplier of networking equipment and network management for the internet.
Feb. 6th, 2014 10-11am
Trysting Tree Conference Room in Weatherford Hall He will share and discuss — “Interested in the career path — how to go from an OSU accounting graduate to a “C” position”
PLEASE NOTE — you MUST RSVP and only 15 students can participate. Please RSVP to email@example.com
SUMMER 2014 LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE — See attached flyer Moss Adams, Deloitte, KPMG and PWC
If you’re an exceptional student interested in gaining a greater understanding of the dynamic field of public accounting, we invite you to apply for our summer leadership conference. It’s an interactive training program designed to illuminate the factors critical to your future success.
Eligibility We’re seeking bright and ambitious students who have approximately two years remaining in their accounting coursework and a strong desire to pursue a career in public accounting. We’ll select students based on academic achievements, leadership, extracurricular activities, and communication skills. We invite you to apply for our summer leadership conference series. We’ll consider eligible candidates for both our local conference, Road Map to Success, and our national conference, Navigate Your Career. Qualifications include:
DEGREE Pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree MAJOR Accounting or related field CPA ELIGIBILITY DATE Must fall between December 2015 and August 2016
ON CAMPUS — Job Opportunity:
1. The Arts & Sciences Business Center has an opening and is looking for a student to work approximately 15-20 hours/week (in accounting). Those interested should e-mail their resume to Jackie Thorsness at Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Corvallis CPA firm is seeking an intern for the 2014 tax filing season to assist in the preparation of individual, business, and fiduciary tax returns. The successful candidate will be a 3rd or 4th year accounting student on track to graduate with their degree in accounting and with an interest in pursuing their CPA designation. The internship will allow the firm to gauge the students potential as a full time associate accountant on a CPA track. The internship should also provide the student experience in public accounting and expose them to the workings of a small, local CPA practice. Business return preparation will require an understanding of basic accounting principles such as trial balance preparation, and the identification and execution of adjusting journal entries, etc.
We work very closely with our individual and small business clients in all aspects of their financial well-being, not just tax planning and compliance. To that end we desire applicants with sound accounting and business management skills who are personable and able to communicate clearly with our clients to establish quality, ongoing relationships. Confidentiality is a must and professional, well presented applicants will be given priority.
The firm will work with students schedules and seek to provide a work load that will challenge the students while not overwhelming them. Pay is hourly based on the experience and estimated ability of the applicant.
Please respond with a resume to email@example.com
2. (See attached flyer) The Business Systems Directorate at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is looking for summer interns with a strong background in accounting, finance, contract management, or general business. Each of these positions is paid and consists of one or more rotational assignments in the Financial Operations, Contracts or Business Office functions.
Each successful candidate will be involved in a 13 week summer internship program with an opportunity to present in front of top management at our corporate location in Columbus, Ohio. Interns will be introduced and trained on multiple computer programs and various business systems throughout the summer.
A PNNL application must be on file before an interview is granted. Interested parties must apply online at http://www.jobs.pnnl.gov/ under job ID #302866 (Accounting/Finance position), job ID# 302864 (Contract position) and/or job ID# 302877 (Masters/Graduate position) before January 31, 2014.
3. Local acct. internship opportunity
Kelsie Kirkpatrick just started a bookkeeping business in Albany and she is looking for an intern to help with entry level work relating to payroll and bank reconciliations. The hours can be flexible between M-F 9-4. It would also be paid. See the website below for more information. www.12Belles.com
*** If you are interested contact Kelsie or Dr Graham
1. OSU COB Scholarships — DEADLINE Feb. 15th, 2014:
PLEASE schedule your composite picture at Ball Studio IT IS FREE — this way you can be on the walls of the Moss Adams Classroom.
The Ball Studio, Corvallis
Please make sure to call and make an appointment to have your Senior Composite picture taken! The Ball Studio has offered to take pictures for FREE of Accounting Graduates! Having a ‘Class of 2014’ Composite hanging in the new business building will really mean a lot to the Accounting Professors. It’s the least we can do in return for all of the hours they’ve spent teaching us the difference between a debit and a credit. The deadline for pictures is May 15th, 2014 so please make your appointment early! www.theballstudio.com firstname.lastname@example.org (541) 753-5721
Additional Networking/Leadership Campus Event:
Free Dinner — MUST RSVP and only 5-7 students can participate.
Mentor 360 — “Leadership: Ethics at work”
CH2MHill Alumni Center
Jan. 29th @ 5:30pm
RSVP to www.mentors360.com
this is a faith based group
FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES:
Accountant I. This is a full-time position in OSU’s Business Affairs’ Payroll Department. Major duties include performing specialized tasks for graduate employee pay and account reconciliations of multiple complex funds. This position is also responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal, State and local tax regulations as well as providing support, training, and instruction to other members of the Payroll Office and departmental payroll contacts. For a complete description and to apply, please go to: http://oregonstate.edu/jobs Posting #:0011876 Closing Date: 02/10/14 at 5 p.m. OSU is an AA/EOE.