Here is a chance to be a “creative” accountant.
We are looking for a catchy name for our weekly accounting newsletter (similar to the weekly COB newsletter). The award is a $50 gift card to your choice (Dutch Bros; Beaver Bookstore or Qdoba). Submission deadline Friday, Jan. 27th at 5 pm.
Use this link to submit your idea. http://oregonstate.qualtrics.
BAP/IMA Meeting – Wed. Jan. 25th at 6 pm in AH 226 – “IT Consulting”
“Moss Adams is one of the largest national firms along with one of the largest CPA offices in Portland, OR. They will be presenting on the role of IT consulting in this week’s meeting. The presentation will cover the importance of it and how it affects a business”ATTENTION STUDENTS WITH 3 YEARS UNTIL GRADUATION:
Useful events hosted by OSU-Accounting & BAP — students should participate but NOT required.
1. Moss Adams presentation — “Accounting, Financial Planning and Business” (week 5)
2. Summer Leadership Information Panel — hosted by Beta Alpha Psi (BAP): 6 pm, AH 226
3. Events hosted by the firms — multiple firms will host these events so please watch for more information.
4. Apply for Summer Leadership Opportunities — Beaver Careers
CAMPUS OFFICE HOURS — The firm information below is about PwC but many of the firms will do the same. PwC, KPMG, Deloitte, Moss Adams, Jones & Roth, KS (Eugene) and Grant Thornton.
1. PwC will be on campus at OSU for office hours on Thursday, January 26 in Austin 102 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. Drop in anytime to get your recruiting questions answered, learn more about PwC and our summer leadership program, or introduce yourself and chat. There is no formal agenda, so swing by as you are able! We look forward to seeing you!
1. PwC Summer Leadership Opportunity: PwC’s Elevate posting is currently up in Beaver Careers, and applications will be accepted through February 24. First round interviews will happen on-campus on March 7th, which will consist of one interview per candidate. As you already know, we will be on campus next Thursday and again during the BAP Summer Leadership Panel in February.
OSU is holding a Winter Career Convention on Wednesday, Feb 15. Lanell Nolf from Precision Cast Parts will be there recruiting students that day.
1. Precision Castparts Co. has two opportunities: (see attached flyers) is looking to hire accounting/finance interns. This is an excellent opportunity with internship rotation.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE – INTERNSHIPS AND CO-OPS We are seeking highly motivated IMPACT players to join our world of manufacturing. Do you thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you are rewarded for results? Do you want to be a member of a team that is driven to win? If so, Precision Castparts Corp. may be just the place for you. Students with a passion for leadership and who are seeking a great career in a fast-paced, growing organization are encouraged to apply online at the following link: http://bit.ly/1yHeeKr
ACCOUNTING/FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM We are seeking highly motivated IMPACT players to join our world of MANUFACTURING Do you thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you are rewarded for results? Do you want to be a member of a team that is driven to win? If so, Precision Castparts Corp. may be just the place for you to build your career.
Students with a passion for leadership and who are seeking a great career in a fast-paced, growing organization are encouraged to apply. Please apply at the following link: http://bit.ly/1bjcTis
2. Job Opportunity in Washington — see attached flyer
Intern Coordinator for the Business Systems Directorate (BSD) Intern Program at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) in Richland, WA. PNNL is a multi-program national lab, operated by Battelle for the Department of Energy. BSD provides finance, accounting, and project support to the lab’s research operations. Each year, BSD hires four to six interns to take part in our summer internship program. We are primarily interested in students who are in their junior, or senior year of college, or who have recently graduated and are majoring in Finance, Accounting, or General business, or who are currently enrolled in an MBA program. Our goal is to find candidates who are well qualified, and who have stated desire to be considered for full-time employment upon graduation if a position is available. Once hired, interns take part in two or more rotational assignments, and are exposed to a variety of PNNL’s Finance and Accounting functions. This is an excellent opportunity for them to learn about our organization and an opportunity for us to evaluate their potential as a future employee.
We are interested in interviewing several of your Business students for our summer internship program at the Lab.
The attachment to this email includes information about the Internship, how to apply, and PNNL. Thank you in advance for your time and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Finance & Accounting Professional
Business Analysis/BSD Internship Coordinator
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
3. Georgia Pacific will be on campus at the end of February. GP offers a great summer internship in industry accounting. It is a large private company with amazing opportunities. Please consider applying for the summer internship and attend BAP Feb. 22nd for more information. They will be holding interviews Feb. 28th.
Internal Auditor Student Night on 02/15/17, and inviting students from all local colleges and universities to participate. PSU has graciously offered to let us use one of their facilities forthe event, so it will be in downtown Portland, and it will be held from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm that evening. There will be several speakers from local companies, currently working in Internal Audit, a question and answer
session, and networking. We will also have information on local IA internship opportunities, if there are any coming available soon. Pizza and
soft drinks will be provided as well.
SCHOLARSHIP & MENTORSHIP OPPORTUNITY
1. OSCPA coaching program:
Student Member Registration: Opens in February 2017
Coach-Student Pairing Notification: April 28, 2017
Program Runs: May 1 – August 31, 2017
Why the Coaching program for Students: Your Coach will contact you for the initial meeting; you will initiate scheduling subsequent meetings. Develop a meeting agenda for what you want to accomplish during the Coaching Program. Dress appropriately for in-person meetings. At minimum, business casual; no jeans or sneakers. Ask your Coach to review and provide feedback on your resume.
Ask about interviewing, including attire, thank you note etiquette how to prepare for the interview.
Keep your Coach informed of your progress. Ask questions regarding the CPA exam, how to study, etc
2. Mentors 360, Dinner, Feb. 9th (see attached flyer)