Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) this week — Wed, Oct. 16th, Bexell 328 (Moss Adams Classroom) 6-7pm Deloitte and TKW — “What to expect in an interview”
Deloitte and TKW will be presenting on what to expect in interviews for full time and internship positions. They will cover general interview procedures and appropriate/expected behavior. All of your questions regarding upcoming interviews will be answered and as always there will be time after the meeting to meet and network with the professionals that come to present. This is an awesome opportunity for any students who applied for internships or full time positions, as well as students who have had little interview experience. Business attire please. And as always, FREE PIZZA.
Eugene Recruiting Schedule:
October 15th – Jones & Roth open house
October 15th – Jones & Roth applications due October 16th – Jones & Roth campus interviews – OSU October 17th – Kernutt Stokes campus interviews – UO October 18th – Moss Adams campus interviews – UO October 18th – Kernutt Stokes campus interviews – OSU October 22nd – Jones & Roth campus interviews – UO October 22nd – Moss Adams campus interviews – OSU October 24th and 25th – Jones & Roth office interviews October 28 – 29th – Moss Adams office interviews Oct 28th to Nov 1st – Kernutt Stokes office interviews November 15th – Offers expire
Individual Networking Events:
1. Jones and Roth (see attached flyer) will be having a fall open house and has invited OSU accounting students to attend. The information is below:
October 15th, 4:30 – 6:00, 432 West 11th Avenue If you will be attending this event please RSVP with Mrs. Duncan at TriciaD@jrcpa.com
1. Maginnis & Carey LLP; 220 NW 2nd Avenue; Portland, OR Looking to hire:
2-3 staff accountants Fall 2014
1 Winter Intern
1 Summer Intern
2.Part-time Intern. A local CPA firm has five immediate openings for accounting interns during Fall & Winter Terms. Work primarily involves administrative support including copying and tax return assembly. Sophomore & Junior accounting students preferred, but all with accounting/tax interest or experience encouraged to apply. Must be detail-oriented, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Hours worked by employee are somewhat flexible; intern must work at least 12 hours per work week. Winter break availability is preferred but not required. Additional hours required during weeks and/or weekends prior to March 15th and April 15th deadlines and spring break. Pay rate is at minimum wage.
Drop off resume, cover letter and copy of Fall Term schedule at: Tax & Wealth Management, LLP 2334 NW Professional Drive, Corvallis or email documents to: Lauren@taxandwealthmanagement.com Contact person: Lauren Loeffler. Deadline for application: 5:00pm Friday October 18th
3. KS, Eugene has an summer internship (2014). See attached flyer and Beaver JobNet.
4. Delap — STAFF ACCOUNTANT, application due in mid-October.
We are currently recruiting for entry-level Staff Accountants to join our growing team with a target start date of fall 2014. This individual will be responsible for the quality delivery of services that exceed the expectations of our clients.
*Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field *Minimum 3.3 GPA *Please include a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript *Eligibility to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation highly preferred
5. Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon POSTED IN BEAVER JOB NET SO PLEASE CHECK FOR MORE DETAILS Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE:
2014 Staff Accountant Internship (24228) Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE: Internship – Paid
6. Jones & Roth — Eugene
We are currently hiring for:
· 2014 Winter internships – we have between 4-6 open positions in the Eugene office. We ask for 20+ hours a week and are flexible around the students schedule. We have had OSU students participate in this internship the last several years and it’s worked out great. We’ve hired them all!
· 2014 Summer internships – we will have 2-4 summer internships. Most in Eugene but 1 in Hillsboro and possibly 1 in Bend
· 2014 Staff Accountants – we are looking to hire 1-2 staff before busy season and another 2-4 to start in summer.
Application deadline is October 11.
We have an Open House on Tuesday October 15th. Students will have an opportunity to tour our office and talk to a variety of our team members.
1. I am a CPA in Portland (and an OSU alumni) and my business partner and I spoke to your Beta Alpha Psi group a couple years ago, a couple years in a row. Currently, I am on a committee for the AICPA for CPA/ financial planners. I would like to let you know about a contest sponsored by the AICPA where a team of college accounting students can compete in order to win a $10,000 prize. Unfortunately, the due date for the first round of the competition is September 25th – so I believe that is before school starts. It would be wonderful if a group of innovative accounting students could get together prior to that date and submit an entry from Oregon State!
Please see the link below (it is a great opportunity!):