1. BAP — Kernutt Stokes — “New Repair Regulations for Tax Purposes”
Austin Hall 226, 6-7pm — See attached flyer
** Don’t forget to turn in your professional and service hours completed outside of BAP to Sarah Gibbons firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Grant Thornton is hiring. GT has three open requisitions on Beaver Careers, they include openings for a tax associate, an audit associate, and tax/audit interns. Please see below for the relate Job IDs:
Audit Associate: 3940
Tax Associate: 3941
Tax/Audit Intern: 3942
The positions will be posted on Beaver Careers through 1/11/2015. Similar to fall recruiting, the students will need to apply using through Beaver Careers, and the Grant Thornton website.
2. LOCAL CORVALLIS OPPORTUNITY
Spectrum CPA Group
Job Opportunities in Corvallis — Great Local Opportunity.
Administrative/Accounting Assistant: Attention to detail is a MUST. Employee will run monthly reports to keep track of tax return due dates, answer phones, run errands including a daily mail run, interact and greet clients on a daily basis, deposit checks daily, scan and save documents as needed.
Payroll Specialist: Attention to detail is a MUST. Manage multiple clients, enter Tax payments online for clients, experience in payroll preferred.
I know more about the first, since it’s my current job, so if anyone has any questions or needs more information, they can call, 541-752-4556; email, email@example.com or stop by Spectrum CPA Group anytime.
3. From a fellow student:
Pittman & Brooks is a small CPA firm located in Tigard. We are looking to hire an accountant, preferably with some tax experience. It’s a salary position with great flexibility outside of tax season. Tax seasons require minimum 55 hours starting toward the end of January though April 15 with full flex hours the rest of the year. They can find more information about the company and apply online at our website http://www.pittman-brooks.com/
t’s a great place to work! So flexible! I have only worked two full days on Fridays since tax season! Not your average CPA firm.
4. We have three quick-moving accounting opportunities with the company Dougall Conradie LLC in Beaverton, OR. They have a need for some temporary tax season help, as well as 2 long-term openings (one entry-level and one mid-level). They are hoping to have CPA track candidates fill all three positions and are looking to interview next week. I’ve listed the jobs below – if you know of any students preparing to graduate or know of any recent graduates that you think could potentially be a good fit, I would love to reach out to them. If you’d like to forward my information to them and have them reach out to me, that would also be great!
CPA Track Tax Processor/Staff Accountant (Entry-Level)- http://www.campuspoint.com/
Staff Accountant (Experienced)- http://www.campuspoint.com/
Staff Accountant/Tax Processor (Temp – Tax Season)- http://www.campuspoint.com/
5. The Secretary of State Audits Division will be accepting applications for new financial and performance auditors in November (start date can be after graduation).
Kari E. Mott, MBA, Senior Auditor
Secretary of State Audits Division
6. The Audits Division is currently recruiting for a Staff Auditor (Performance). The salary range is $4,182- $6,159 per month. This is an Open Competitive recruitment open to any applicant who meets the qualifications.
The announcements can be found on the internet at:
To apply follow the link below to the State of Oregon E-Recruit system.
Melissa Gubbels, PHR
Secretary of State
7. Our firm is currently working with a healthcare client that is looking to hire a sharp and driven new grad with a Bachelor’s in Accounting and a minimum GPA of 3.2. We don’t often have positions come up at this level with no previous experience required but I would appreciate any recommendations you might have of specific students to speak with or a resource within the COB that would be able to put me in touch with recent grads looking for an Accountant position in the Portland area with a large, fast growing company.
Chris Sahni | CCS Consulting
1020 SW Taylor St. Suite 865
Portland, OR. 97205
8. RusthSpires is looking to fill a staff accountant position with potential for growth and career opportunities. In the beginning the job would entail bookkeeping, payroll and tax prep. It would also provide exposure to auditing. The hire would definitely need to be a team player. They are fairly flexible as to schedule, at least in the beginning, and are thinking a start around February possibly January. It could be part time or flex time if they were still in school until June.
Bryce C. Wilberger, CFE, CPA/ABV/CFF
422 South Fifth Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97601
1. On behalf of The OSCPA Educational Foundation, this is a reminder to encourage your students to apply for a 2015 scholarship. This year, the Foundation will again be accepting unofficial transcripts and has a brief online educator recommendation section – making it easier than ever to apply for $1-$3,000 scholarships ($500 Community College). Here is the Foundation’s scholarship flyer.
The scholarship deadline is January 23, 2015 for 2015 scholarships (fall 2015 through spring 2016). Please let me know when a good time would be to send you a follow-up reminder to help encourage your students to apply. For more information on The OSCPA Educational Foundation College Scholarships, and the link to apply, visit: www.orcpa.org/educational_
2. CPAexcel will once again award a $2,500 Cash Scholarship and six (6) CPA Review Course Scholarships at the end of this semester. Thank you for continuing to share this opportunity with your students. This is a random drawing open to students who are taking at least one accounting course.
Please tell your students about this opportunity again by forwarding the link below. Deadline to enter is November 30, 2014.