ALL ACCOUNTING STUDENTS:
First BAP meeting “Recruiters Panel” — first week of school – Oct.2nd, 6-7:30pm – Bexell 207 www.osubap.com ****Meet the Firms — Second week of school (MU — ballroom) — Oct. 9th, 6-8:30pm Work on your resume and cover letter this summer so you are not as overwhelmed in the fall
1. OSCPA “Meet the Firms” event in Portland, Oregon — Tuesday, Sept. 24th The Oregon Society of CPAs is pleased to announce the opening of registration for the 2013 Career Showcase. This free* event offers college accounting students the opportunity to meet with representatives from public accounting firms, industry organizations and government agencies.
Tuesday, September 24
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Oregon Convention Center, Portland
Register Here — https://secure.orcpa.org/about/events/C13002-career_showcase-students/?utm_source=OSCPA+Events&utm_campaign=a57d1dc4a9-Career_Show_Faculty+2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_144b8d5d4f-a57d1dc4a9-224958233
*Please note that although there is no cost to attend this event, attendees must pre-register through our website. It is imperative that students pre-register to insure they receive a name badge and bag at the event.
If you have any questions, please contact Tonna Hollis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-597-5471 / 1-800-255-1470, ext. 29. We look forward to seeing you in September!
1. Accounting organization at Intel post a intern/full-time 2014 openings at OSU. There is not an official recruiting event at OSU for accounting organization but would like to see if we can get some candidates. Check Beaver JobNet — Irina Silic Irina.email@example.com
2. AIS/Acct/BIS student position available at Corvallis MECOP office
3. Katherine is promoting an Accountant 1 from an Accounting Technician position. So we will be filling her Accounting Tech position in the COB as she will be primarily supporting Engineering in her new position. We don’t need a graduate, but we do need someone who can work full time 1.0 FTE 8-5pm. The accounting technician position requires 12 Qtr Hours of accounting and an AA degree or 1 year of experience. We can allow them to take limited time off for classes to complete their degree. They would also be eligible for staff rates and full OSU benefits.
4. Susan Chandonnet from MECOP just called to say that they are looking for an Acct/BIS or AIS student to work their Internal accounting/IS systems. Pay is @$15/hr, up to 20hrs/wk during AY.
5. OSU– I currently work in the Forestry, Oceanic and Atmospheric Business Center and we are looking to hire a student worker to assist us in our office. It is a great opportunity for a student to learn how concepts learned in business classes are applied in the real world.
Our office is located in Peavy Hall and the focus of work will be on the Forestry side of the Business Center. The student will work closely with the manager and four members of the Finance team. Duties will include data entry of invoices and travel reimbursements, calling vendors to request missing invoices, scanning and filing of records, some delivery of campus mail, and other projects as assigned. The student will receive training in Banner and Nolij. The student must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Basic knowledge of MS Office applications preferred. The position begins immediately. We would like to hire a sophomore or junior who will be with us for a few years, but anyone is encouraged to apply.
Interested students can contact Penny Wright, the Finance and Accounting Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 541-737-2938.
6. Delap — STAFF ACCOUNTANT, application due in mid-October.
We are currently recruiting for entry-level Staff Accountants to join our growing team with a target start date of fall 2014. This individual will be responsible for the quality delivery of services that exceed the expectations of our clients.
*Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field *Minimum 3.3 GPA *Please include a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript *Eligibility to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation highly preferred
7. I am the newly elected treasurer for the South Santiam Area Habitat for Humanity and would like to provide your students an opportunity to gain some experience with a local, Non-Profit organization. We have a lot of work to do in terms of our finances, and we want to be good stewards of the funds that are entrusted to us. Unfortunately, none of the board members have a background in accounting, and we are all frustrated with trying to understand the financial side of our business. I’m hoping to get some reinforcements.
Below is a list of the three main areas that I see our greatest opportunities for improvement.
Analysis on our retail hardware store (The ReStore) in order to set budgets, sales goals, labor levels, store hours, etc.
Escrow account balancing – we have recently absorbed another HfH branch where homeowner Escrow payments were pooled. We would like to restore the proper amounts of funds to each homeowner.
Budgeting – this could be our greatest opportunity moving forward. Currently, there is no system in place for determining or tracking the cost to build a house. Budgeting for the ReStore is also needed.
Our bookkeeper tracks everything in QuickBooks, so whoever is willing to help will get some great experience with that software.
Contact: Andrew Wimer email@example.com (541) 258-1738
8. Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon POSTED IN BEAVER JOB NET SO PLEASE CHECK FOR MORE DETAILS Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE:
2014 Staff Accountant Internship (24228) Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE: Internship – Paid
1. I am a CPA in Portland (and an OSU alumni) and my business partner and I spoke to your Beta Alpha Psi group a couple years ago, a couple years in a row. Currently, I am on a committee for the AICPA for CPA/ financial planners. I would like to let you know about a contest sponsored by the AICPA where a team of college accounting students can compete in order to win a $10,000 prize. Unfortunately, the due date for the first round of the competition is September 25th – so I believe that is before school starts. It would be wonderful if a group of innovative accounting students could get together prior to that date and submit an entry from Oregon State!
Please see the link below (it is a great opportunity!):