1. KPMG Portland is hosting a live stream of one of the 2017 KPMG Women’s Leadership Summit (WLS) keynote speeches in our office on June 28th, 2017 at 2:45 PM (wrapping up at 4:45 PM). We would love to open up our doors to any students interested in attending. All students will have an opportunity to tour our offices, network with KPMG professionals, and participate in a post-keynote panel discussion. Snacks and beverages will be served. Spots are limited, so they should make sure to RSVP as soon as possible. If you wouldn’t mind, please help us spread the word amongst students. I’ve attached an informational slide with a link and QR code to register. Please post on campus and social media as you see fit and don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
See more info on the KPMG WLS via the following link: https://womensleadership.kpmg.us/
2. You’re Invited! Portland Summer Open Houses — Deloitte, EY, KPMG, Moss Adams & PwC
Greetings! The Portland offices of Deloitte, EY, KPMG, Moss Adams, and PwC will be opening their doors to all interested students on Wednesday, August 23, 2017. Students who attend the open houses will have the opportunity to meet staff from each firm, tour the offices, and ask any questions they may have about that firm and the upcoming recruiting season.
There will be no formal programming during the designated time frame for each firm, so students are encouraged to stop in at each office as their schedule allows.
Attire will be business casual. As it may be easiest to walk from firm to firm, we recommend comfortable shoes.
Open House Schedule and Locations for Wednesday, August 23:
9:00 am – 11:00 am — Deloitte (111 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 3900)
10:00 am – 12:00 pm — KPMG (1300 SW 5th Avenue, 38th floor)
11:00 am – 1:00 pm — PwC (805 SW Broadway, 8th floor)
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm — Moss Adams (805 SW Broadway, 11th floor)
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm — EY (1120 NW Couch Street, Suite 425)
We look forward to seeing you later this summer!
3. Save the Date for the 2017 OSCPA Career Showcase, which will be held at the Oregon Convention Center on Thursday, September 28, 2017 from 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
This career development event is free to attend, however, we ask you and your students to pre-register. Students will have the opportunity to speak with representatives from local and regional firms, industry organizations and government agencies.
OSCPA student members will be granted early entry to this event to meet with the representatives. Student membership is $25 for the year and in addition to early entry, it includes free registration to a number of events designed specifically for new professionals. Please encourage your students to join by completing a student membership application.
Leadership & Scholarship Opportunities
Intro to Coaching & Mentoring, BA 407 We’d like to see Accounting Student with interest in learning the softer skills needed to be successful. We think this might be a great opportunity. See flyer
Build valuable skills, make an impact, earn credit! The aim of this course is two-fold: (1) provide those with senior standing an opportunity to gain résumé-worthy mentoring/coaching experience and (2) assist first and second year students integrate into the business school and succeed in their first business classes. Fall 2017, 2 credits: A theory-based exploration of mentoring and coaching with a focus on preparing students for hands-on experiences in the winter and spring terms. Meets weekly for 2 hours. Winter and Spring 2018, 1 credit each: Once-weekly opportunities to lead groups of students in hour-long discussions of relevant topics such as contributing to a team project, leading others, etc. Registration information: BA 407, Section 2, CRN 25776
Job & Internship Opportunities
INTERNSHIP IN BEND:
1. Moss Adams has a client in Bend who is looking for an intern this summer. The work can begin anytime and needs to be done by July 15-20
. They will pay $15/hour.
— ASAP if your interested
FULL TIME POSITION
1. Corwin Beverage Staff Accountant — looking for graduating senior
Corwin Beverage Co. is a fourth generation, family-owned, distribution company who has been selling since 1941. We are the exclusive distributor for Pepsi and Pepsi affiliated brands in Southwest Washington. We work with over 100 different suppliers and carry more than 1,800 unique products.
Ensure the continuous growth of Corwin Beverage that maximizes all of our resources while creating an environment of high expectations and accountabilities of all. Continuously support the Finance and Accounting Department by ensuring expert financial management and flawless financial reporting.
Contact: Brian Bortvedt
is now seeking professional and highly energetic accounting students to become leaders in our Campus Rep Program!
This program allows accounting students with a junior-level standing or above to earn a (valued at up to $1899) while enjoying the following career-enhancing benefits:
- Peer and professional networking
- Entrepreneurial skill development
- Increased leadership abilities
The Campus Rep responsibilities are easy to accomplish with a full-time student work load. By dedicating an average of only 20 hours a semester, students can earn their free review system in a variety of ways, including coordinating and attending accounting events, interacting with other students via social media, and educating students on accounting certification options.
The start of the summer and fall semesters are perfect times for students to join our fun, fast-growing program. Please advise your students to apply by visiting our and completing the short contact form.
Sarah Sheppard, our Campus Rep Coordinator, is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.874.5346 ext. 453.