Please considering attending some of the CSC professional development activities — i.e. resume workshop on Tues & Wed from 1-3pm. Stop by and make an appointment. http://business.oregonstate.
KPMG is offering resume review next week — READ below
WEEKLY MEETING: BAP/IMA Meeting – Wed. Feb. 15th at 6 pm in AH 126 (ROOM CHANGE THIS WEEK)– If you are a sophomore or a junior on a five-year track, you are eligible to apply for the summer leadership programs with public accounting firms. This is your opportunity to hear from professionals about what the programs entail, how the application process works, and anything else you may be wondering about the programs. Attending firms will include KPMG, Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Moss Adams, and Kernutt Stokes.
PAID TUTORING JOB
The Beth Ray Student Center is looking for accounting tutors for athletes. Here’s a link to the job description: http://oregonstate.edu/
ATTENTION STUDENTS WITH 3 YEARS UNTIL GRADUATION:
Useful events hosted by OSU-Accounting & BAP — students should participate but NOT required.
1. Wed. Feb. 15th at 6pm in AH 126 — Summer Leadership Information Panel — hosted by Beta Alpha Psi (BAP)
2. Apply for Summer Leadership Opportunities — Beaver Careers http://career.oregonstate.edu/
3. Office hours — Feb. 20th KPMG will be on campus all day on February 20thwith professionals in attendance from all our Portland practices. It should be a great opportunity for students, especially those looking to apply to our summer leadership programs, to connect with the firm ahead of the application deadline on February 24th. As always, please feel free to swing by at any point during the day to say hello. I’m always available to catchup and talk all things KPMG, recruiting, or anything else on your mind!
Our current schedule of events is as follows:
Casual Networking (Coffee & Pastries Provided); Austin 126 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Atrium Tabling Austin Atrium 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Resume Writing Lunch & Learn (Pizza Lunch Provided) Austin 126 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: PwC, KPMG, Deloitte, Moss Adams, Jones & Roth, Aldrich (formerly AKT), KS (Eugene), Geffen Mesher and Grant Thornton. There are many firms with these opportunities. Please check Beaver Careers and attend BAP on Feb. 15th for more details.
This is just a few of the many options:
1. PwC Summer Leadership Opportunity: PwC’s Elevate posting is currently up in Beaver Careers, and applications will be accepted through February 24. First round interviews will happen on-campus on March 7th, which will consist of one interview per candidate. As you already know, we will be on campus next Thursday and again during the BAP Summer Leadership Panel in February.
2. KPMG – see attached flyer
3. Moss Adams – see attached flyer
4. Geffen Mesher (see attached flyer) — FIRST Summer Leadership Program. The position is posted on Beaver Careers already and I will be on campus the third week of March to do interviews.
5. Aldrich (formerly AKT): We are holding our second annual summer leadership conference. THRIVE! Aldrich’s Summer Leadership Experience
At Aldrich CPAs + Advisors LLP (formerly AKT), we exist to improve the lives of our people, clients, and communities by helping them thrive. Join us for our Portland THRIVE event on Wednesday, July 26, 2017, as we explore:
•Impacting our Communities
•Building a Successful Network
•A Day in the Life of a Public Accountant
Students applying for THRIVE should have two years remaining in their education before being eligible for full time employment. Applicants must be interested in pursuing a career in public accounting.
Submit your resume, transcripts, and cover letter by February 24, 2017, online at http://aldrichadvisors.
FIELD TRIP Engagement Activity:
Georgia Pacific Mill Tour on Friday, Feb 24. We are limited to 20 students for the tour so get them to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students meet at Motor Pool at 8:40am
Depart from OSU Motor Pool (3200 SW Campus Way) at 9am
Arrive at Georgia Pacific Halsey Mill at 9:30am
Halsey Mill Tour (approximately 1 hour)
Meet accounting staff 10:30am
Leave Halsey Mill at about 11:30
Arrive back at OSU Motor Pool at about 12noon
MOSS ADAMS OPPORTUNITIES:
There are three unique opportunities – one is their leadership opportunities. Please review the attached documents for Moss Adams.
1. LOCAL TAX Position — I am a sole practitioner in a one person office. Jack Moran, PC, CPA (email@example.com)
In prior years, I’ve had someone help with individual and business tax preparation. I think a student who has completed a tax course, could do the job. (About 8 hrs. on a weekend). If so, please contact me at either 541-738-2505 or by email, address above Thank you, Jack Moran, PC, CPA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. OSU is holding a Winter Career Convention on Wednesday, Feb 15. Lanell Nolf from Precision Cast Parts will be there recruiting students that day.
2.1 Precision Castparts Co. has two opportunities: (see attached flyers) is looking to hire accounting/finance interns. This is an excellent opportunity with internship rotation.
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE – INTERNSHIPS AND CO-OPS We are seeking highly motivated IMPACT players to join our world of manufacturing. Do you thrive in a fastpaced, challenging environment where you are rewarded for results? Do you want to be a member of a team that is driven to win? If so, Precision Castparts Corp. may be just the place for you. Students with a passion for leadership and who are seeking a great career in a fast-paced, growing organization are encouraged to apply online at the following link: http://bit.ly/1yHeeKr
ACCOUNTING/FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM We are seeking highly motivated IMPACT players to join our world of MANUFACTURING Do you thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment where you are rewarded for results? Do you want to be a member of a team that is driven to win? If so, Precision Castparts Corp. may be just the place for you to build your career.
Students with a passion for leadership and who are seeking a great career in a fast-paced, growing organization are encouraged to apply. Please apply at the following link: http://bit.ly/1bjcTis
3. OSU: The Accountant 1 position within the AABC Poling Finance team administers and processes accounting transactions for all of our supported units, but with specific emphasis on University Housing & Dining Services, University Conference Services, Athletics, Office of Human Resources, Facilities Services, Enterprise Risk Services, Transportation Services, and Capital Planning and Development. The position reviews the work of other AABC and OSU employees and approves accounting transactions (invoices, Journal Vouchers, and Purchase Orders). The Accountant 1 generates reports, reconciliations, forecasts, assists with preparing budgets, and processes vendor payments and journal entry transactions. This position continually documents and improves processes and supports on-going quality improvement activities, and pursues, documents, and evaluates own training & continuing professional development.
Please see full job announcement and apply at: http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/
Courtney Seton (Clark)
Oregon State University
Auxiliaries and Activities Business Center (AABC)
104 Poling Hall
4. (See flyer) A firm in Wilsonville, the machine shop, badly needs a book keeper to do entry-level accounting work. I have been doing it since graduation but it’s time to trim the workload before I go crazy. Starting wage is $15/hour. Workload 15 hours/week but negotiable either way. Lots of growth potential, including steep wage increases. Complete flexibility on work schedules. I would train them and gradually pass more responsibility onto them as they settle into the position.
Looking for a sophomore/junior who will be in Corvallis over the summer. Please feel free to disperse this however you deem appropriate. Just wanted to give a fellow Beaver a good opportunity before selling out to professional book keepers.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested
5. Wells Fargo Bank: I’m Leroy Clarke, member of the Wells Fargo Wholesale Talent Acquisition Diversity Strategy Team. With that said, we are seeking college juniors that are interested in our 10 week paid Wells Fargo Business Banking Summer Internship Program. This opportunity is based in Portland, Oregon. If you or someone in your network is interested in this opportunity, please have them contact me directly with their updated resumes at the following email address: Leroy.Clarke@wellsfargo.com The deadline to send me a resume is Friday, February 10th. Thanks and let me know if there are follow-up questions.
Wells Fargo Bank | Wholesale Talent Acquisition Diversity Strategy Team, Business Initiatives Consultant
301 South College Street, 19th floor | Charlotte, NC 28211 | MAC D1053-195
Tel: 704-410-7308 | Mobile: 704-579-3715 | Other: 718-812-6435 | Fax: 866-493-7719
6. Wiley CPA Review Course (see attached flyers) — I am looking for a Campus Ambassador at your school. The position is like a mini-internship and you would serve as a liaison between Wiley and your school. It’s only about a few hours of work per semester and in return, you get a full CPA Review Course (retail value $1,800). I’ve attached some information and an application for your review. If interested, please return the application to me and we can get you set up with your review course. Carla Ng, CPA, PMP; (925) 789-7804; Carla.Ng@wiley.com
7. Job Opportunity in Washington — see attached flyer
Intern Coordinator for the Business Systems Directorate (BSD) Intern Program at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) in Richland, WA. PNNL is a multi-program national lab, operated by Battelle for the Department of Energy. BSD provides finance, accounting, and project support to the lab’s research operations. Each year, BSD hires four to six interns to take part in our summer internship program. We are primarily interested in students who are in their junior, or senior year of college, or who have recently graduated and are majoring in Finance, Accounting, or General business, or who are currently enrolled in an MBA program. Our goal is to find candidates who are well qualified, and who have stated desire to be considered for full-time employment upon graduation if a position is available. Once hired, interns take part in two or more rotational assignments, and are exposed to a variety of PNNL’s Finance and Accounting functions. This is an excellent opportunity for them to learn about our organization and an opportunity for us to evaluate their potential as a future employee.
We are interested in interviewing several of your Business students for our summer internship program at the Lab. The attachment to this email includes information about the Internship, how to apply, and PNNL. Thank you in advance for your time and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Finance & Accounting Professional
Business Analysis/BSD Internship Coordinator
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Internal Auditor Student Night (see attached flyer) on 02/15/17, and inviting students from all local colleges and universities to participate. PSU has graciously offered to let us use one of their facilities for the event, so it will be in downtown Portland, and it will be held from 5:00pm – 7:00pm that evening. There will be several speakers from local companies, currently working in Internal Audit, a question and answer session, and networking. We will also have information on local IA internship opportunities, if there are any coming available soon. Pizza and soft drinks will be provided as well.
SCHOLARSHIP & MENTORSHIP OPPORTUNITY
1. The OSCPA has opened registration for the annual Coaching Program and we are asking for your help in notifying students of this career development opportunity.
What is it?
The Coaching Program is an opportunity for students to meet and talk with an experienced accounting professional and member of the OSCPA, who can help answer all their questions about accounting as a career. It runs May 1 – August 31, 2017 and is designed to help students learn more about the industry, the day-to-day job of a CPA, refine interview and resume skills, and start building their network in the profession.
Who qualifies to participate?
This program is available exclusively to OSCPA student members*. OSCPA Student members can participate in the Coaching Program if he/she is an active college junior, senior, post baccalaureate or masters accounting student and signs up by April 14, 2017.
· Student Registration – Coaching Program (Open now through April 14)
· *OSCPA Student Membership (only $25 and valid through September 30, 2017)
If you or your students have any questions, please contact me at 503-597-5477 / 800-255-1470 ext. 115, or firstname.lastname@example.org.