Personal & Professional Campus Events
OPEN TO ALL ACCOUNTING/FINANCE/BIS MAJORS
Beta Alpha Psi – Epsilon Chapter (OSU Accounting Honor Society) will host the following events
October 4th 1:00-4:00; Austin Hall (TBD)
Meet The Firms
October 4th, MU Ballroom
6:00-6:30pm (OPEN only to members or candidates of BAP/IMA)
6:30-8:00 (open to ALL students)
Attire: Business Professional
Meet with employers from public accounting, finance, private accounting, government and others who are looking to hire you!
Summary of Recruiting (PP from last week):
If you are interested and short recap of the recruiting timeline for typical accounting recruiting:
1. If a student will graduate (CPA eligible) this summer (June 2018), he/she should be interviewing for full time jobs now,
2. If a student will graduate between this summer and next summer (Fall 2018-June 2019), he/she should be interviewing for internships now, and
3. If a student will graduate after that (Fall 2019 or later), he/she should apply for summer leadership programs. (applications winter term)
Recruiting Schedule provided by various firms — check the CSC for additional details
The application deadline across many of the firms is end of day Friday, October 6 & Monday, Oct. 9th
BAP/IMA meeting: PwC will present “Interviewing Skills” AUST-274, 6:00-7:00
Many of the firms will do a pre-interview open houses in the Austin Hall Marketplace and Event room
* Jones & Roth, PwC & Deloitte: Wednesday, October 4
* KPMG: Thursday, October 5
Jones & Roth — Oct. 4th 11:30-1pm; Austin Hall Events Room
Deloitte will be on campus this Wednesday to chat about our open career opportunities.
Please feel free to stop by the Austin Hall Atrium to grab some coffee and bagels while chatting with our recruiting team.
Please reach out to Deloitte recruiter Megan Gustafson (email@example.com) with any questions.
KPMG Office Hours and Tabling
The URL for students to access the events landing page to register for office hours or any of the other events is as follows (capitalization is important): https://goo.gl/Yq8zx9
From the landing page, students follow a link to RSVP for each individual event.
· Office Hours & Tabling : KPMG will be on campus for tabling and one-on-one office hours. Whether you have specific questions about a career at KPMG or are simply looking to network, come say hello! | October 5th, Career Success Center (Office Hours), Atrium (Tabling)
· Get a Pizza KPMG – Networking Luncheon: Take this opportunity to network with KPMG professionals and former interns in a casual setting. Pizza will be provided. | October 5th, 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM, Austin Hall Dean’s Board Room (4th Floor)
Leadership & Scholarship Opportunities
1. Please consider joining Beta Alpha Psi http://www.osubap.com/officers/how-to-become-a-member/ Letter from the President of Beta Alpha Psi (Honors Accounting Society) for all current members and potential members. Oregon State University is the 5th national chapter of BAP established in 1922.
2. Please consider joining the IMA – Institute of Management Accountants. Membership is open to students for a reduced membership of $25. http://www.imaonlinestore.com/PersonifyEbusiness/Default.aspx?TabID=181&ProductId=8
3. Salem Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors is looking for a student to serve as a Board member this year. You would receive a paid one-year student membership and would participate in monthly Board meetings as well as occasional academic relations subcommittee meetings to help plan the student lunch in February. There may be some additional opportunities as well and this would look great on a resume! If you are interested please send me a resume and BRIEF cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position by EOD next Friday, October 6th.
4. Scholarship Opportunity for a FULL CPA review class with Roger CPA. Please apply for the drawing for our Platinum Scholarship that will be held on October 17th. The scholarship is good towards our Select Course Package, valued at nearly $1,700. See attached flyer
Job & Internship Opportunities
FULL TIME & INTERNSHIP POSITIONS
1. Please attend Meet the Firms and check the OSU Handshake system. The firms will post the opportunities via the OSU system and the individual firm web-sites.
2. Precision Castparts has two job opportunities. Please see attached flyers
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a Fortune 500 company that manufactures world-class complex metal components and products; serving the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC has more than 150 facilities worldwide, with over 100 located in the US. Numerous career paths are available within PCC as a result of our extraordinary growth and market leverage.
Students with a passion for leadership and who are seeking a great career in a fast-paced, growing organization are encouraged to apply online at the following link: http://bit.ly/2b6Q8yA
Students with a passion for leadership and who are seeking a great career in a fast-paced, growing organization are encouraged to apply. Please apply at the following link: http://bit.ly/1bjcTis
3. Tax Season Intern (see attached flyer)
Acumen Financial is a small firm with big ideas! With offices in Lake Oswego and Albany, Acumen serves clients throughout the Portland metro area and Willamette Valley. We provide innovative and creative solutions to help our clients reach their goals. Our internship program provides a balanced and progressive experience to students pursuing a career in public accounting.
HOW TO APPLY:
•Send your cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
•Please include the following:
•A list of advanced accounting courses taken & grades for each
•Days & times available to work during tax season (January—April)
•Location preference—Albany or Lake Oswego