Personal & Professional Campus Events
25% of all students who joined the OSCPA (as students) were from Oregon State University. Great job!!
Check out the OSCPA web-site for membership and details about the Coaching Program.
Week 5 — Winter Term
1. BAP/IMA is hosting – “Summer Leadership Panel” (ALL COB STUDENTS WELCOME)
Wednesday, Feb. 7th at 6pm in Austin Hall 183, Dinner included
If you are a sophomore, or a junior on a five year track, you are eligible to apply for the summer leadership programs with public accounting firms. This is your opportunity to hear from professionals about what the programs entail, how the application process works, and anything else you may be wondering about the programs.
Perkins & Co
**BAP Members please read attached monthly newsletter from the BAP President, Aaron Hiddleson
2. PWC will be on Campus, Wed., Feb 7th
9:00am to 1:00pm
Join us right outside of the Career Success Center for open office hours! This is a great opportunity to get your quick recruiting questions answered and to learn more about PwC. There is no scheduled agenda so come by when it is convenient for your schedule.
2:00pm – 4:30pm
Sign up for a 15 minute one-on-one session – anything can be covered from having your resume reviewed, to discussing interviewing, to getting guidance on the recruiting process, or to answer any questions about public accounting. Sign up by going to http://pwc.cm/PBkcR and selecting the time slot that works best for you! RECRUITING INFORMATION
3. KPMG Drop-in Office Hours — Friday, February 9th | 10 AM – 3 PM | Austin Hall Project Room 192
Whether you have specific questions about summer leadership programs, a career in public accounting, or are just looking to network, stop by and say hello! For additional information please contact: HunorSomogyi email@example.com
Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions at all!
ADDITIONAL VISIT BY KPMG:
KPMG Campus Day
Tuesday, February 20th | 10 AM – 3 PM | Austin Hall
Info Table: 10-3 PM, Outside the Career Success Center
General Drop-in Office Hours: 10-3 PM, Inside the Career Success Center
Get a Pizza KPMG Networking Lunch: 12-1 PM, Austin Hall 126
4. Geffen Mesher Summer Leadership Program
Applications are accepted starting tomorrow through 2/23/18, and students should apply through the OSU career site handshake.
1. ACCOUNTING @ OSU See attached for specific directions
Available scholarships for students vary from year to year, but we generally have over a dozen scholarships ranging from $1,000 to the full cost of tuition. Our scholarships are typically awarded based on merit. To apply, go to the College of Business scholarship application link:https://scholarship.ucsadm.oregonstate.edu/prod/app_login.php
Applications must be completed online by Thursday, February 15, 2018.
Resumes need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all students awarded accounting scholarships must attend the spring accounting banquet on the evening of Wednesday, May 9 and send a thank you letter to the person or entity providing the scholarship. Questions: contact Dr. Akroyd email@example.com
2. AICPA Legacy Scholarship. If you meet the following criteria*, consider applying:
You plan to study accounting (or accounting-related subject) at an accredited college or university
You plan on pursuing CPA licensure after graduation. You maintain a GPA of 3.0. Deadline March 1, 2018. Don’t delay!.
3. Internal Audit Student night — February, 21st in Portland. See attached flyer
Would you like to become a Leader of BAP/IMA. See attached flyer about BAP/IMA officer positions. Elections will be held at the end of winter term. Please email Amy Bourne firstname.lastname@example.org or Aaron Hiddleson email@example.com if you have any questions
Job & Internship Opportunities
1. Become an SI Leader! — Supplemental Instruction (SI) is currently accepting applications for SI Leaders to support the following series:
BA 211, BA 213, & more — see attached flyer
Attached is the Supplemental Instruction Leader Job Description for Winter 2018. The position has been posted to the OSU jobs website at https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/
2. College of Business majors are you looking to gain some accounting experience before you graduate?
The Business and Engineering Business Center is seeking a Student Accounting Assistant. This position will provide data entry support for accounts payable such as invoices, reimbursements, journal vouchers, and procurement requests; scan documents into document archival system; delivery and/or pickup of documents as needed in various offices or units on campus; special projects as identified.
The job closes ASAP
Please visit https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/
to learn more or apply for this position.
3. The Oregon State University Foundation is searching for an Accounting student worker to help with: data entry, event/facility support, general ledger recording, special projects and general office duties such as copying, filing and scanning. Up to 20 hours per week. Applicants must be current OSU students. This position is open immediately with preference given to applicants from the College of Business who have an interest in continuing work throughout the 2017-18 academic year. Work-study students are encouraged to apply. $10.25-12/hour. Apply at: http://www.osufoundation.org/
1. Mercury Insurance Group Mercury is looking to find a Finance and Accounting intern this summer 2018. The internship position is posted on Handshake https://oregonstate.
Handshake #1233079 Finance and Accounting Intern Finance and Accounting Intern Mercury Insurance Group
About this Job This position will assist with Finance and Accounting Department projects which may include Economic Capital Modeling, Financial Planning and Analysis, Cost Benefit Studies, and Cost Accounting Projects.
Position is located at 4484 Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles, California. Qualifications: • Major in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration. Must have completed junior level core Accounting or Finance courses to be considered for position. Prefer candidates who will graduate with a B.S. in Finance or Accounting within one year of internship. •
*How to Apply: The Company will have a representative on-site at OSU on Friday, March 2, 2018, to conduct interviews. To be considered for an interview, please send your resume and class record, including list of courses taken and grade history. Should you be selected for an interview, a representative will contact you for interview scheduling. Renee Balais [RBalais@MercuryInsurance.com]
Location Los Angeles, California, United States
PAY RATE $20.00 Per hour
2. OSU Audits Division –– ON Campus STAFF AUDITOR POSITION
The Office of Audit Services at Oregon State University is seeking a staff auditor. This is a fulltime,
12-month, fixed-term professional faculty position. To see additional position details and required qualifications, and to apply for this position, please see posting number P01876UF at https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/. For full consideration, applications must be received by February 28, 2018.
The anticipated starting salary will be $47,820 – $81,372. Starting salary within the salary
range will be commensurate with skills, education and experience.