Personal & Professional Campus Events
BAP is hosting this weeks event for ALL COB students
Wednesday, Nov. 8th, 6-7pm in Austin Hall 183 (ROOM CHANGE JUST THIS WEEK), Dinner included
“Come learn about how to develop as a professional beyond Oregon State and hear about the society for CPAs here in Oregon! Topics covered are sure to include scholarships offerred, career coach program, and the CPA exam.”
“Beta Alpha Psi is organizing a food drive in order to benefit the local community through the Linn Benton food share. We are keeping a box on the 2nd floor of Austin Hall near our tutoring room (east side of the building) to collect cans and boxed goods for the food share. Please make sure your items are non-perishable, and please sign the sheet provided. This box will be placed in Austin hall by Wednesday November 8th and will remain in place until November 17th. Please stay tuned for an opportunity to volunteer with Beta Alpha Psi at a packing party for Linn Benton Food Share as well. We are looking forward to giving back to our local community and want to include any students interested in giving back as well. Those who sign the sheet will be entered for a chance to win a BAP t-shirt and some other goodies. You can also attend BAP’s meetings on November 8th and 15th if you bring 2 cans of food to the meeting even if you are not already a member of the club. You can enjoy dinner with us, a professional experience, and learn more about what BAP can offer you all while benefiting the local community. Thank you for joining us in our first food drive, something that we hope to make into a tradition in future years. ”
PwC Office Hours
PwC will on campus at Oregon State University for office hours, Nov. 14th! Stop by Austin Hall Room 124 (in the Career Success Center) at any time between 10:00am to 2:00pm to get your recruiting questions answered and to learn more about public accounting and PwC. There is no
agenda, so come by whenever it’s convenient for you!
Leadership & Scholarship Opportunities
2. PwC Explore event — see attached flyer
What is Explore?
PwC’s Explore program is an experience you don’t want to miss! Explore is a one day program focused on helping participants identify and analyze their strengths, values and passions to better understand
who they are and what they want to do. Students will learn alongside PwC professionals who will provide real-life examples of how they have enriched their careers by aligning their strengths, values and passions personally and professionally. Participants will leave Explore with a stronger sense of who they are, who PwC is and what future opportunities might exist for them in professional services.
PwC Portland Explore
Location: 805 SW Broadway, Suite 800, Portland, OR 97205*
Date: Monday, December 11
Time: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Summary of PwC events:
* Tuesday, November 14 — Office hours in Austin Hall 124 from 10:00am to 2:00pm
* Tuesday, November 28 — Study break with snacks in Austin Hall 124 from 10:00am to 2:00pm
* Monday, December 11 — We will be hosting a one-day program called Explore in our office this day (it’s the Monday immediately following finals week). Explore is a career discovery program intended for freshmen, sophomores, and juniors in a five-year program to learn more about the public accounting profession and about their own strengths, passions and values. Amy, you might remember helping me advertise this one last November — it is an especially beneficial program for students who are considering going through summer leadership recruiting in the winter/spring. The application deadline for Explore is Sunday, December 3.
3. IMA Field Trip of the year has been set. Friday, Feb 2, 2018 we will be going to Bob’s Red Mill.
Here is the schedule for the day:
• 9:15am arrive for a 9:30 tour (window tour so no need for special clothes or shoes)
• 10:30-11:30 meet with CFO Trey Winthrop (OSU alumni) in conference room for Q&A
• 11:45 lunch at Whole Grains Store Restaurant
Please email Dr. Akroyd to RSVP — 1st come 1st serve. Chris.Akroyd@bus.oregonstate.edu
1. Please consider joining Beta Alpha Psihttp://www.osubap.com/officers/how-to-become-a-member/Letter from the President of Beta Alpha Psi (Honors Accounting Society) for all current members and potential members. Oregon State University is the 5th national chapter of BAP established in 1922.
2. Please consider joining the IMA – Institute of Management Accountants. Membership is open to students for a reduced membership of $25. http://www.imaonlinestore.com/PersonifyEbusiness/Default.aspx?TabID=181&ProductId=8
Job & Internship Opportunities
1. A local law office Law Office of Kara Daley would like to hire someone to work 2-3 hours a week in her office preparing billing statements. If you are interested please email her directly firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
We’d also like to honor distinguished members of BAP. Congratulations to everyone who achieved the level of distinguished member for 2016-17. http://www.osubap.com/