Personal & Professional Campus Events
BAP/IMA Group Meeting
Wednesday, October 11th, 6-7pm in Austin Hall 274, Dinner included
Join us this Wednesday for KPMG’s presentation on Dining etiquette.
BAP will host a meeting for ALL COB students — “Meet the Professors”
Wednesday, Oct. 25th, 6-7pm in Austin Hall 274, Dinner included
Come meet the professors of the College of Business to have your questions answered about options available to you. Need guidance on your degree? Want to see what the professors have done here with theirs? Ask them questions and mingle at this meeting!
Leadership & Scholarship Opportunities
1. Please consider joining Beta Alpha Psi http://www.osubap.com/
2. Please consider joining the IMA – Institute of Management Accountants. Membership is open to students for a reduced membership of $25. http://www.imaonlinestore.
3. Scholarship Opportunity for a FULL CPA review class with Roger CPA. Please apply for the drawing for our Platinum Scholarship that will be held on October 17th. The scholarship is good towards our Select Course Package, valued at nearly $1,700. See attached flyer
4. IMA PDX — October CPE Dinner @ University of Portland
Tue, October 17, 2017; 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
University of Portland, Bauccio Commons Terrace Room
5000 N Willamette Blvd, Portland, OR 97203
Click to Register
We have some enticing topics lined up for our October CPE Dinner! To start, Michael Lortz, CPA, LEED AP, Shareholder, Geffen Mesher, will provide insight on opportunities that have been created for NW companies due to recent changes in federal and state laws. To top off the evening, Julie Barnes, Vice President of Federal Strategy, Cambia Public Affairs & Policy Team, will provide us with an update on the Federal Healthcare Policy. We look forward to seeing you at this dinner!
5:00 PM Networking
5:30-6:20 PM Business Tax Update – The Times They Are a Changin’? by Michael Lortz, CPA, LEED AP, Shareholder, Geffen Mesher
6:30-7:10 PM Networking/Dinner
7:10-8:00 PM Federal Healthcare Policy Update by Julie Barnes, Vice President of Federal Strategy, Cambia Public Affairs & Policy Team
Job & Internship Opportunities
1. Byzick & Co Internship & Full time. Please check the OSU Handshake system. The firms will post the opportunities via the OSU system and the individual firm web-sites.
2. Precision Castparts has two job opportunities. Please see attached flyers
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a Fortune 500 company that manufactures world-class complex metal components and products; serving the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC has more than 150 facilities worldwide, with over 100 located in the US. Numerous career paths are available within PCC as a result of our extraordinary growth and market leverage.