If you are interested in additional guidance — the accounting faculty has gathered together information that we feel could assist you in navigating your academic and early professional accounting career. Please think about using it as a reference guide. You can find the “Accounting Strategy Guide: Navigating Through Your Academic and Professional Careers” online in two different locations.
1. OSU Business Site
2. BAP Reference Site
Opportunities to prepare for the recruiting season:
1. OSCPA Career Showcase, October 2, 2014 Registration: 5:30pm / Program: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
2. OSU “Meet The Firms”, Wednesday, Oct. 8th (MU Ballroom) 6-8pm, business attire
Meet the Firms is just around the corner! This event is a great opportunity to meet with firms before interviews begin! Resumes need to be submitted to Oregonstate.BAP@gmail.com by Sunday, October 5th. All resumes will be sent out to the attending firms. This gives the firms an opportunity to learn a little bit about you before meeting you the night of the event! Resumes will ONLY be accepted in PDF form. If you have any questions about resume submission or Meet the Firms please e-mail email@example.com!
3. OSU BAP Mock Interviews, Wednesday, Oct 8th from 12-3pm in Kerr Admin
As in prior years, firms are offering mock interviews through Beta Alpha Psi. Each interview will be 45 minutes long and will include time for feedback from your interviewer. These mock interviews are a great opportunity to practice interviewing and sharpen your professional skills for fall recruiting.
Firms in attendance: Moss Adams, KPMG, Deloitte, PwC and Delap
Interview slots will be given out on a first come first serve basis. If you are interested in participating in mock interviews, please send an email to me (Jamie Martin). In your email, include your firm of choice and preferred time slot (12-12:45,12:45-1:30, etc.). I will be assigned one to two slots depending on availability, this allows as many students to participate as possible.
RSVP or forward any questions to Jamie Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Moss Adams Open House – Eugene
Join us for an open house event at our Eugene office. It’s a great opportunity to network with our professionals and make connections. This year’s event will include a panel of partners representing many of our West Coast regions—Puget Sound, Oregon, the Bay Area, and Southern California—so you can ask questions, learn more about our offices, and find out what qualities we’re looking for. We’ll provide light food and beverages. All you need to bring is your curiosity and a passion for your future.
DATE Thursday, October 9, 5:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
LOCATION Moss Adams LLP — Eugene
RSVP Jessica Auxier, Recruiting Manager, email@example.com
5. As you all know, Fall is a big time for Accounting recruiting. Last year, the Career Success Center was extremely busy with Accounting students trying to get ready for Meet the Firms and the recruiting season. This year, in an effort to accommodate the demand and help students as best as possible, the CSC will have two work sessions each day, we will have resume workshops at 10:30AM and 2PM for accounting students.
1. Georgia Pacific will be hiring between 2-4 interns for summer 2015. Please visit during MTF’s and BeaverJobNet.
2. Berntson Porter, Bellevue, WA- We’re Hiring!
Are you interested in moving to the Seattle area? We are a mid-sized accounting firm located in Downtown Bellevue, WA. We are looking to hire 4 tax staff and 3 audit staff for fall 2015 start date. We currently have 4 Beaver Alumni at our firm and are hoping for that number to grow. If interested in learning more about us? Please visit our website at www.bpcpa.com or e-mail Jennifer Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions. Interested in applying? We will be posting all our positions to Beaver JobNet.
3. Clarus Water Solutions is looking for an accounting summer intern 2015. Please see attached flyer for details. The flyer mentions engineering but the email from the company mentions they would like to hire an accounting intern summer (2015).
4. OSU Staff Auditor (see attached flyer for details)
Interested in a recent graduate or possibly a Dec. 2014 graduate.