ALL ACCOUNTING STUDENTS:
START CHECKING BEAVER JOBNET REGULARLY!!!
First BAP meeting “Recruiters Panel” — first week of school – Oct.2nd, 6-7:30pm – Bexell 207 www.osubap.com ****Meet the Firms — Second week of school (MU — ballroom) — Oct. 9th, 6-8:30pm Work on your resume and cover letter this summer so you are not as overwhelmed in the fall
Individual Networking Events:
1. Jones and Roth (see attached flyer) will be having a fall open house and has invited OSU accounting students to attend. The information is below:
October 15th, 4:30 – 6:00, 432 West 11th Avenue If you will be attending this event please RSVP with Mrs. Duncan at TriciaD@jrcpa.com
2. Moss Adams – Eugene (see attached flyer)
DATE Thursday, October 10
TIME 5:00 p.m. –7:00p.m.
LOCATION Moss Adams LLP
975 Oak Street Suite 500
Eugene, Oregon 97401
RSVP Jessica Auxier Recruiting Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
3. KPMG will host open office hours outside Bexell 328 (Moss Adams classroom) Oct. 2nd all day, Please stop by and network or have your recruiting questions answered.
4. Cambia Health Solutions is excited to announce our participation in the Beta Alpha Psi Meet the Firms event and the posting of our annual Accounting positions on the university job board. To help promote Accounting employment opportunities with Cambia, we will be hosting a reception on October 11th. I would love your help in getting the word out to interested Accounting students and Beta Alpha Psi members. I have attached our open positions that are also available for review on the university job board.
Are you seeking an internship or full-time Accounting position? Would you like to learn more about open Accounting positions available with Cambia Health Solutions?
Cambia’s Accounting and Internal Audit Teams are hosting a reception for prospective Accounting employees.
Who: Current Accounting students scheduled to graduate December 2013-Summer 2015 (junior — senior class standing)
What: Accounting reception with light appetizers (dress is business casual)
When: 4:30-6:00 PM, Friday, October 11, 2013
Where: Cambia Health Solutions
Central and North Sister Conference Rooms
100 SW Market
Portland, OR 97201
Why: Our Accounting professionals are interested in meeting you and sharing why they love working for Cambia. We will also be discussing the employment opportunities attached.
Please RSVP if you are able to attend: Jessica.Lindsay@cambiahealth.com or 503-220-6102.
1. Accounting organization at Intel post a intern/full-time 2014 openings at OSU. There is not an official recruiting event at OSU for accounting organization but would like to see if we can get some candidates. Check Beaver JobNet — Irina Silic Irina.email@example.com
2. KS, Eugene has an summer internship (2014). See attached flyer and Beaver JobNet.
3. OSU Foundation (see attached flyer)
The OSU Foundation currently have three OSU students (all accounting students) working part time for us, but are in need of one more. We are looking for a student that is an incoming freshman or entering their sophomore year this year (or five years — basically we want a student who will be around for 2-3 years). We anticipate needing to hire at least two more students right after Spring break as two of our current students will be graduating in June 2014. Just so you are aware, we usually employ two of the students full-time over the summer. I will contact you again then to let you know when we are ready to proceed again.
PATTI NOWAK, CPA, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. AIS/Acct/BIS student position available at Corvallis MECOP office
Susan Chandonnet from MECOP just called to say that they are looking for an Acct/BIS or AIS student to work their Internal accounting/IS systems. Pay is @$15/hr, up to 20hrs/wk during AY.
Contact info:Susan Chandonnet
5. Delap — STAFF ACCOUNTANT, application due in mid-October.
We are currently recruiting for entry-level Staff Accountants to join our growing team with a target start date of fall 2014. This individual will be responsible for the quality delivery of services that exceed the expectations of our clients.
*Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field *Minimum 3.3 GPA *Please include a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript *Eligibility to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation highly preferred
6. I am the newly elected treasurer for the South Santiam Area Habitat for Humanity and would like to provide your students an opportunity to gain some experience with a local, Non-Profit organization. We have a lot of work to do in terms of our finances, and we want to be good stewards of the funds that are entrusted to us. Unfortunately, none of the board members have a background in accounting, and we are all frustrated with trying to understand the financial side of our business. I’m hoping to get some reinforcements.
Below is a list of the three main areas that I see our greatest opportunities for improvement.
Analysis on our retail hardware store (The ReStore) in order to set budgets, sales goals, labor levels, store hours, etc.
Escrow account balancing – we have recently absorbed another HfH branch where homeowner Escrow payments were pooled. We would like to restore the proper amounts of funds to each homeowner.
Budgeting – this could be our greatest opportunity moving forward. Currently, there is no system in place for determining or tracking the cost to build a house. Budgeting for the ReStore is also needed.
Our bookkeeper tracks everything in QuickBooks, so whoever is willing to help will get some great experience with that software.
Contact: Andrew Wimer email@example.com (541) 258-1738
7. Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon POSTED IN BEAVER JOB NET SO PLEASE CHECK FOR MORE DETAILS Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE:
2014 Staff Accountant Internship (24228) Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE: Internship – Paid
1. I am a CPA in Portland (and an OSU alumni) and my business partner and I spoke to your Beta Alpha Psi group a couple years ago, a couple years in a row. Currently, I am on a committee for the AICPA for CPA/ financial planners. I would like to let you know about a contest sponsored by the AICPA where a team of college accounting students can compete in order to win a $10,000 prize. Unfortunately, the due date for the first round of the competition is September 25th – so I believe that is before school starts. It would be wonderful if a group of innovative accounting students could get together prior to that date and submit an entry from Oregon State!
Please see the link below (it is a great opportunity!):