Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) this week — Wed, Oct. 16th, Bexell 328 (Moss Adams Classroom) 6-7pm Deloitte and TKW — “What to expect in an interview”
Eugene Recruiting Schedule:
October 15th – Jones & Roth open house
October 15th – Jones & Roth applications due October 16th – Jones & Roth campus interviews – OSU October 17th – Kernutt Stokes campus interviews – UO October 18th – Moss Adams campus interviews – UO October 18th – Kernutt Stokes campus interviews – OSU October 22nd – Jones & Roth campus interviews – UO October 22nd – Moss Adams campus interviews – OSU October 24th and 25th – Jones & Roth office interviews October 28 – 29th – Moss Adams office interviews Oct 28th to Nov 1st – Kernutt Stokes office interviews November 15th – Offers expire
Individual Networking Events:
1. Jones and Roth (see attached flyer) will be having a fall open house and has invited OSU accounting students to attend. The information is below:
October 15th, 4:30 – 6:00, 432 West 11th Avenue If you will be attending this event please RSVP with Mrs. Duncan at TriciaD@jrcpa.com
1. Maginnis & Carey LLP; 220 NW 2nd Avenue; Portland, OR Looking to hire:
2-3 staff accountants Fall 2014
1 Winter Intern
1 Summer Intern
2.Part-time Intern. A local CPA firm has five immediate openings for accounting interns during Fall & Winter Terms. Work primarily involves administrative support including copying and tax return assembly. Sophomore & Junior accounting students preferred, but all with accounting/tax interest or experience encouraged to apply. Must be detail-oriented, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Hours worked by employee are somewhat flexible; intern must work at least 12 hours per work week. Winter break availability is preferred but not required. Additional hours required during weeks and/or weekends prior to March 15th and April 15th deadlines and spring break. Pay rate is at minimum wage.
Drop off resume, cover letter and copy of Fall Term schedule at: Tax & Wealth Management, LLP 2334 NW Professional Drive, Corvallis or email documents to: Lauren@taxandwealthmanagement.com Contact person: Lauren Loeffler. Deadline for application: 5:00pm Friday October 18th
3. KS, Eugene has an summer internship (2014). See attached flyer and Beaver JobNet.
4. Delap — STAFF ACCOUNTANT, application due in mid-October.
We are currently recruiting for entry-level Staff Accountants to join our growing team with a target start date of fall 2014. This individual will be responsible for the quality delivery of services that exceed the expectations of our clients.
*Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field *Minimum 3.3 GPA *Please include a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript *Eligibility to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation highly preferred
5. Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon POSTED IN BEAVER JOB NET SO PLEASE CHECK FOR MORE DETAILS Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE:
2014 Staff Accountant Internship (24228) Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE: Internship – Paid
6. Jones & Roth — Eugene
We are currently hiring for:
· 2014 Winter internships – we have between 4-6 open positions in the Eugene office. We ask for 20+ hours a week and are flexible around the students schedule. We have had OSU students participate in this internship the last several years and it’s worked out great. We’ve hired them all!
· 2014 Summer internships – we will have 2-4 summer internships. Most in Eugene but 1 in Hillsboro and possibly 1 in Bend
· 2014 Staff Accountants – we are looking to hire 1-2 staff before busy season and another 2-4 to start in summer.
Application deadline is October 11.
We have an Open House on Tuesday October 15th. Students will have an opportunity to tour our office and talk to a variety of our team members.
1. I am a CPA in Portland (and an OSU alumni) and my business partner and I spoke to your Beta Alpha Psi group a couple years ago, a couple years in a row. Currently, I am on a committee for the AICPA for CPA/ financial planners. I would like to let you know about a contest sponsored by the AICPA where a team of college accounting students can compete in order to win a $10,000 prize. Unfortunately, the due date for the first round of the competition is September 25th – so I believe that is before school starts. It would be wonderful if a group of innovative accounting students could get together prior to that date and submit an entry from Oregon State!
Please see the link below (it is a great opportunity!):