1. Cambia Health, Internal Auditor Associate —Portland, OR Bring your knowledge of corporate planning to this role where you will plan, coordinate, and conduct financial, operational and compliance audits of corporate systems and processes, and other special projects as requested.
Interested candidates should search and apply for job # 707667 online: http://www.cambiahealth.com/careers.
Please let me know if any questions arise.
Michelle Schwartz, MPA
2. Our company is looking to hire a paid intern or two for a recurring summer project, and I was hoping that you may be able to provide some resumes from OSU students who might be interested.
StanCorp Mortgage Investors originates and services commercial mortgage loans. Our current servicing portfolio has over 6,000 loans with a total principal balance over $8B. Each year we receive operating statements (P&L and rent roll) on all our loans and perform an analysis to determine whether the loan is healthy and performing. The interns working on this project analyze these operating statements, which gives them the opportunity to review and evaluate a large number of small business financial statements and provides great insight into the world of real estate finance. The ideal intern would be an accounting or finance major who is interested in real estate. We would like someone who has a year or two of school left (i.e., someone who may be able to work more than just one summer). Several of these past interns have been hired on full time into various roles (loan processors, closers, and analysts).
Please let me know what you think.
Paul Freese, CPA | Manager – SMI Operations The Standard StanCorp Mortgage Investors, LLC
19225 NW Tanasbourne Drive | Hillsboro, OR 97124 Phone 971.321.3017 | Fax 971.321.5870 firstname.lastname@example.org | www.standard.com I am the newly elected treasurer for the South Santiam Area Habitat for Humanity and would like to provide your students an opportunity to gain some experience with a local, Non-Profit organization. We have a lot of work to do in terms of our finances, and we want to be good stewards of the funds that are entrusted to us. Unfortunately, none of the board members have a background in accounting, and we are all frustrated with trying to understand the financial side of our business. I’m hoping to get some reinforcements. J
3. I am the newly elected treasurer for the South Santiam Area Habitat for Humanity and would like to provide your students an opportunity to gain some experience with a local, Non-Profit organization. We have a lot of work to do in terms of our finances, and we want to be good stewards of the funds that are entrusted to us. Unfortunately, none of the board members have a background in accounting, and we are all frustrated with trying to understand the financial side of our business. I’m hoping to get some reinforcements.
Below is a list of the three main areas that I see our greatest opportunities for improvement.
Analysis on our retail hardware store (The ReStore) in order to set budgets, sales goals, labor levels, store hours, etc.
Escrow account balancing – we have recently absorbed another HfH branch where homeowner Escrow payments were pooled. We would like to restore the proper amounts of funds to each homeowner.
Budgeting – this could be our greatest opportunity moving forward. Currently, there is no system in place for determining or tracking the cost to build a house. Budgeting for the ReStore is also needed.
Our bookkeeper tracks everything in QuickBooks, so whoever is willing to help will get some great experience with that software.
4.The following would be a great part-time job if you would like to stay local. ** This is a small family business. I think it would be a great experience. It is part-time but would give you experience. The owner does it currently but she wants to stay with her children at home. They do have a tax accountant that does the monthly tax records and financial statements. It is a part time accounts payable position. Kelli will train you and some of the work you can do from home.
Fizpatrick Painting http://fitzpatrickpainting.com/
Part-Time Albany Job opportunity with Fitzpatrick Painting Someone to balance and code end of the month bank statement for the accountant.
Weekly review of bills to be paid in relation to bank balance.
Data entry for payroll checks (45 employees).
Help with the transfer of information from desktop Quickbooks to online Quickbooks program.
You can have people who are interested contact me via email: email@example.com or phone 541-990-9489.
5. Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon POSTED IN BEAVER JOB NET SO PLEASE CHECK FOR MORE DETAILS Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE:
2014 Staff Accountant Internship (24228) Novogradac & Company LLP – Portland, Oregon Novogradac & Company LLP is a rapidly growing national certified public accounting firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA with 15 offices nationwide. The firm maintains clients in a broad range of industries with a major emphasis in the real estate sector, providing publicly and privately held national and multinational enterprises with a full … view details POSITION TYPE:
Internship – Paid
6. Financial Advisor (23807) POSTED IN BEAVER JOB NET SO PLEASE CHECK FOR MORE DETAILS MassMutual Financial Group SF – San Francisco, California
Financial Service Representative-LOCAL CANDIDATES TO SAN FRANCISCO ONLY San Francisco Business Times –Best Places to Work in the Bay Area 2012 Fortune 100 Company Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2012 In the past few years, we have experienced tremendous growth and are looking for a quality sales candidate to add to our team. As a … view details
7. This is an excellent entry level opportunity for a recent business or accounting major graduate.
Due to the overwhelming response we receive for these types of positions, the position will only be open until we receive 50 applications. The applications package must contain at a minimum the applicants resume and transcripts (showing the degree conferred).
More information and the link to apply are below. Please forward to any recent graduates you think may be interested.
Position Title: Credit Union Examiner
Position Grade/Salary: CU-7/9 ($40,154.00 to $82,605.00 / Per Year) Position Location: Portland, OR
Duties: Serves in a developmental position with assignments/training directed toward providing the capability of eventually performing the full scope of Credit Union Examiner duties. Works under a close supervision of a Supervisory Examiner who oversees on-the-job training, furnishes advice and is available for consultation. On the job training and duties include:
· An overview of basic examination work methods, techniques, procedures, financial principles and operating practices;
· Reading assignments pertaining to the laws, regulations, policies and directives which govern the operation of federal and federally insured credit unions;
· Planning, conducting, and completing examinations of federally chartered and federally insured credit unions;
· Obtaining and protecting confidential credit union data; and,
· Analyzing credit union data prior to examination to identify areas of examination concentration and the persistency of previous problems.
Who May Apply: College Graduates who have graduated from a qualifying educational institution/program within 2 years of your application. Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have up to six years after degree completion to apply. Qualifying education includes recent graduates who have completed qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate.
Human Resources Specialist
National Credit Union Administration
1775 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-6113
8. My name is Niall O’Donoghue. David from OSU career services suggested we reach out to you since our firm would like to hire an entry-level audit associate in the next few weeks. If you know recent graduates looking to work with nonprofits in the Seattle area, we would love to have them submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any additional questions, please let us know at email@example.com. I link to our job posting on the Washington Society of CPA’s below:
Niall O’Donoghue | Associate
The Myers Associates, P.C.
(206) 623-6116 ext. 202 | (206) 623-6929 – Fax Direct phone – (206) 812-1720