NO BAP MEETING during week 10 or 11 of winter term.
First BAP Meeting of Spring Term —- Deloitte; April 2nd, 6-7pm, Bexell 328
We are excited to announce the BAP Officers for 2014-2015. Please join me in congratulating them!! See attached picture so when you see them on campus you can tell them Way to Go!!
Our new officers have the privilege of attending the NW Regional meeting (April 11th & 12th) in Portland, OR.
Leadership Team 2014-2015
President — Jamie Martin
Vice President of Public Relations — Rachel Burger Vice President of Finance — Will Fallifee Vice President of Service — Diane Bishop Co-Vice President of Service — Brandi Bigelow Vice President of Reporting — Sarah Gibbons Vice President of Technology — Leif Bowlin Vice President of Marketing –Aine Cronin
1. Moss Adams Diversity Scholarship (see attached flyer) $3,500, Due March 31st and reaching out to sophomores interested in accounting as a major
We’re seeking bright and ambitious sophomores who have approximately three years remaining in their coursework and a strong desire to pursue both an accounting degree and a career in public accounting.We’ll select students based on a number of factors, including academic achievement, demonstrated leadership skills, extracurricular activities (particularly those in leadership roles in diversity organizations), and effective communication skills.
DEGREE Pursuing bachelor’s degree
MAJOR Accounting or related field
GPA 3.0 or higher
2. Grant Thornton Scholarship (see the three attached flyers about the scholarship) This scholarship is open to students in accounting, finance, and construction management.
PLEASE USE OR SHARE:
TAX services VITA www.myfreetaxes.com/osubap. Anyone can use the website if there AGI is under $58,000,
1. The AABC Finance and Accounting Manager, Jennifer Creighton, is looking to hire 3 new student workers starting spring term. The AABC typically likes to hire accounting and finance students.
The position is posted on Beaver JobNet as “AABC MU Finance Accounting Office Worker – JJ4T762G4” and will be open until March 15th.
2. Weyerhaeuser Company is currently seeking Spring/Summer Interns to work in the tax department. This is a great opportunity to see the corporate side of tax work within a Fortune 500 company. This is a paid, full-time internship with length varying depending on need and availability.
· Currently enrolled in Bachelors of Accounting Program (preferably in Junior or Senior year) and maintaining a high level of scholastic achievement
· Internships range from 3-6 month duration depending on the needs of the tax department and intern alike
If you or an acquaintance is interested in pursuing this internship opportunity, please contact Tax Department Office Manager Shea Kennedy for information on how to apply. Shea can be reached via phone (253) 924-2273 or e-mail at Shea.Kennedy@Weyerhaeuser.com.
Paid Tutoring Opportunity:
1. Seven Star Tutoring is a new private tutoring company in Corvallis serving k-12, OSU and LBCC students. We are hiring tutors in all subject areas, but have a particularly high demand for tutors who specialize in accounting, business, economics, math and science.
Tutoring is great part-time, flexible work for current students. Pay starts at $20/hour.
To apply, visit: http://www.sevenstartutoring.com/job-opportunities/
Seven Star Tutoring, LLC
Private local tutoring in Bend and Corvallis, Oregon.
PLEASE schedule your composite picture at Ball Studio IT IS FREE — this way you can be on the walls of the Moss Adams Classroom.
The Ball Studio, Corvallis
Please make sure to call and make an appointment to have your Senior Composite picture taken! The Ball Studio has offered to take pictures for FREE of Accounting Graduates! Having a ‘Class of 2014’ Composite hanging in the new business building will really mean a lot to the Accounting Professors. It’s the least we can do in return for all of the hours they’ve spent teaching us the difference between a debit and a credit. The deadline for pictures is May 15th, 2014 so please make your appointment early! www.theballstudio.com firstname.lastname@example.org (541) 753-5721